Project: Excess

Soldato
Right guys, today I have something a little special. "Excess" as the name suggest means over the top, extreme, ridiculous but of course amazing in pure computing power.

The components to be used are:

- EVGA Classified SR-2
- x2 Intel Xeon 5670 2.93GHz
- 12GB (6x2) Dominator 1600MHz C7 Memory
- BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 1200W Modular PSU
- x2 Intel X25-M 160GB SSD
- x3 Corsair 64GB SSD
- Lian Li ATI Edition Armorsuit
- Lots and lots of NZXT Cable Braid

This is a custom build for a customer, who is a very lucky guy indeed as the whole technical department were drooling over the hardware (not literally!) all afternoon! I must say the SR-2 fully loaded with RAM and coolers is damn heavy.

WARNING!: Pictures aren't the best, the camera we have is rather poor and I will be bringing in an SLR for some proper shots tommorow but now this will have to do.

Here are the mandatory "Look at all my amazing hardware" pictures.

The board with the CPUs and RAM installed, very nice, very shiney and so unbelivably huge!

IMG_7146.jpg

Now for a little bit of storage. I had to lol when installing these with Lian Li's anti vibration mounts.

IMG_7148.jpg

A little note of dissapointment from EVGA, at least they tell you though.

IMG_7152.jpg

Now for a glancing shot of the titanic chassis I will be using!

IMG_7159.jpg

And one more with the coolers installed.

IMG_7154.jpg

All for now! Stay posted more build pics and benchamrks courtesy of either myself or rjk or a strange combination of both to come!

CLICK HERE FOR FINAL BUILD PICTURES

Associate
Some of the same parts of my next build. Very interested on temperatures air cooled as I will be going water cooled (awaiting the ek full mb block to be released).

No mention on the grfx front, going sli?

Back
Top Bottom