First gaming PC

Associate
Wanted to give big thanks to OCUK for building my custom PC. This is my first gaming PC ever. Damien of OCUK was very patient and helpful with the configuration and provided great advice for practically all the components.

I have yet to try it out (OCUK forgot to pack a mains cable! :D) but I hope it plays as good as it looks.

Intel Core i5-4690 3.5Ghz
Asus Strix GTX 970
HyperX 8gb ram
Samsung 850 EVO 250gb SSD
NZXT S340 case (I think the S is for Sexy )
BenQ RL2455HM monitor

5d4fma.jpg

Associate
OP
I'm absolutely loving it! For the first time I am able to max out settings in my games and see the textures that were made to be seen.

The Elder Scrolls Online looks fabulous, and I can't wait for GTA V to finally come out for PC. :cool:

Associate
Very nice, how did you find the case for installing everything? There is something very nice about this case, I've entered the competition in the new sub-forum so fingers crossed.

Associate
OP
Very nice, how did you find the case for installing everything? There is something very nice about this case, I've entered the competition in the new sub-forum so fingers crossed.

OCUK put it together for me. But having had a look at the cable management, I'd say it looks pretty tedious to get everything crammed behind and still be able to close the case. I actually had issues putting the right panel back on because the cables were bulging outwards, and I even chose a modular PSU so not sure how one would manage with a non-modular PSU.

Just to note, the window is made of cheap plastic. When I removed the "protective" film it left a residue that I can't seem to get rid of. And, the black interior can be scuffed easily.

If you do get it, pair it up with the white SuperFlower Leadex Gold PSU. It looks uhmazing! :D

Soldato
that is the same case I want to get in the next 3 months or so as does look like a great case.

my current one is 12 years old and one of the last things that need replacing (my GPU is the other)

Build looks good and tidy, do you not have another power cable to use at all? is it the white case you went for as well?

I may even do a little build log when I change everything over and give the PC a clear out of dust!

Associate
Very tidy build mate. I've convinced both my brother and a best friend to buy pre-built systems from OCUK and they are both totally chuffed

Back
Top Bottom