*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Well I got the Infernal Whimsyshire staff built up last night after a few AH sales. As expected however, champion packs in there hit like a truck and are pretty much impossible at my gear levels! Back to progressing through Act 2 and the odd farm run of Act 1 for now it seems!

Soldato
I bought some 3 items which gave me 45 I think attack speed just for testing, this improved me dps by a very low margin, is it mainly attack speed you need to stack to get to some ridicules dps figures or do you stack more attributes? If it's attack speed only then how much do you need?

Gear: http://i46.tinypic.com/nb9mpu.jpg

Only one ring on it, other is near identical. Can't just straight up stack Attack Speed, you need Crit and Crit Damage. Attack Speed will only get you so far and unless you're making a lot of use of the extra speed you are just inflating your DPS figure for the sake of it. Don't sacrifice Int to get Attack Speed.

Check out this post on the official forums. It has a spreadsheet linked that is a calculator for a Wizard. You can enter your stats and then check the Auction House for stuff. Just put your current item in the item comparison part and put the new one in and it'll tell you how much DPS you're gaining.

Prowlers have movement speed which is unique in that slot, hence their popularity. Well rolled prowlers can have crit chance and high base stat as well but will cost you an awful lot of gold!

Yeah mine only have movement speed and 50 Int. If I could get some with crit they'd be better for sure.

Soldato
Whilst I was running act 4 first boss last night on hell ( which everyone seems to now be doing ) the amount of level 52s I saw was mental - no wonder people are struggling if there so low down on levels and as a result gear or their area!

Still trying to beat Diablo on hell, just need to find a decent group

Soldato
Whilst I was running act 4 first boss last night on hell ( which everyone seems to now be doing ) the amount of level 52s I saw was mental - no wonder people are struggling if there so low down on levels and as a result gear or their area!

Still trying to beat Diablo on hell, just need to find a decent group

I ran him a few times at level 50 to get me up to 51, easy 26k exp on NM mode, 60k a time on hell isn't it?

Associate
Am I right in thinking that ~30-40K DPS without any bonus passives or buffs is what to expect at end game with roughly the best items on the market? Seen some crazy stats like 200k+, but I imagine that's with buffs and passives.

Associate
My first legendaries drop within 2 minutes from each other.
One from a normal chest and a torture rack. Have to say Im very disappointed. When i saw an orange item I was on the moon but when I identify it was meh
dAMUE.jpg jIShh.jpg

Soldato
Gear upgrades are now getting significantly more expensive. I'm at around 112k damage and trying to find upgrades that are below 2m are kinda difficult. :(

Soldato
Legendaries will disappoint a lot of the time, but it shouldn't stop you getting excited about them dropping. My two are **** and I still can't wait for more....

I got my first ever recipe yesterday. A Exalted Sovereign Mail. Apart from being basically the worst chest recipe which bugged me slightly, I got the exact same recipe about two hours later...

Could have at least given me a better recipe the second time -.-

kd

Soldato
My first legendaries drop within 2 minutes from each other.
One from a normal chest and a torture rack. Have to say Im very disappointed. When i saw an orange item I was on the moon but when I identify it was meh

One could withstand the fires of Hell itself wearing armor such as this.

+24 Fire Resistance

I'd get trading standards to have a look at that. :p

Associate
I got my first ever recipe yesterday. A Exalted Sovereign Mail. Apart from being basically the worst chest recipe which bugged me slightly, I got the exact same recipe about two hours later...

Could have at least given me a better recipe the second time -.-

kd
I have that recipe as well plus 2x helm versions. I just left them on the stash as upgrading the blacksmith to make use of them seems a waste at the moment

I'd get trading standards to have a look at that. :p

haha it if was +100 fire resist the description would fit nicely :D

Associate
Anyone got advice for what im doing wrong?

I got to the end of act 3 nm playing on my own without too much hassle, but now im getting constantly raped by elite packs (heart of sin area). As soon as they are fast & vortexing with heavy hits, i die in <1s even with 13k hp (lvl 48 DH). All the other enemies go down in 1-2 hits, but the elites are harder than the act bosses IMO.

I've bought new items from AH, tried farming earlier parts of act 3 (which seem to give hardly any XP), but it's not helping me get past these areas.

Anything else I should be doing?

Associate
Well I got the Infernal Whimsyshire staff built up last night after a few AH sales. As expected however, champion packs in there hit like a truck and are pretty much impossible at my gear levels! Back to progressing through Act 2 and the odd farm run of Act 1 for now it seems!

What class?

Associate

I got to the end of act 3 nm playing on my own without too much hassle, but now im getting constantly raped by elite packs (heart of sin area). As soon as they are fast & vortexing with heavy hits, i die in <1s even with 13k hp (lvl 48 DH). All the other enemies go down in 1-2 hits, but the elites are harder than the act bosses IMO.

I've bought new items from AH, tried farming earlier parts of act 3 (which seem to give hardly any XP), but it's not helping me get past these areas.

SS+Vault+Tactical advantage - distance is what keeps you alive.

Also youtube for stutter stepping videos.

Associate
Apparenlty Kungen died few times while attempting at hardcore inferno. Only one alive is still Kripperian and I think Athene but am not sure.

Kungen's barb died because he stupidly alt+tabbed to change stream settings whilst in fire. His monk died because he got lag issues due to his ISP.

Kripp also had a barb which died due to lag.

Link me your skill tree using http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter
and what's your current dps?

Associate
Apparenlty Kungen died few times while attempting at hardcore inferno. Only one alive is still Kripperian and I think Athene but am not sure.
I think he lost his barb through being silly - thought he stood somewhere safe after a champ pack but didn't realise he was getting damaged by desecration or swomething

Died on his monk yesterday due to a dc.

Poster above is a wizard

Soldato
Gear: http://i46.tinypic.com/nb9mpu.jpg

Only one ring on it, other is near identical. Can't just straight up stack Attack Speed, you need Crit and Crit Damage. Attack Speed will only get you so far and unless you're making a lot of use of the extra speed you are just inflating your DPS figure for the sake of it. Don't sacrifice Int to get Attack Speed.

Check out this post on the official forums. It has a spreadsheet linked that is a calculator for a Wizard. You can enter your stats and then check the Auction House for stuff. Just put your current item in the item comparison part and put the new one in and it'll tell you how much DPS you're gaining.

Yeah mine only have movement speed and 50 Int. If I could get some with crit they'd be better for sure.

Thanks for the help.

I suppose you have act 3-4 on farm with this gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom