How Much Does Noddy Holder Earn?.....

Man of Honour
Slade are one of the greatest bands I've ever seen live.

true story -

In 1980 Slade were on the decline and the Reading Festival had lost a big act but one person suggested getting Slade in.
The promotion team thought it was a mad idea but they made the phone call.
They honestly thought if Slade went on they would be bottled but instead they stole the show and went down really well (I was there).
Def Leppard came on and Joe Elliot shouted something like "And now for some real music" and they got bottled and boo'd.
After that Slade went on to have another couple of hits in the charts.

Soldato
Slade are one of the greatest bands I've ever seen live.

true story -

In 1980 Slade were on the decline and the Reading Festival had lost a big act but one person suggested getting Slade in.
The promotion team thought it was a mad idea but they made the phone call.
They honestly thought if Slade went on they would be bottled but instead they stole the show and went down really well (I was there).
Def Leppard came on and Joe Elliot shouted something like "And now for some real music" and they got bottled and boo'd.
After that Slade went on to have another couple of hits in the charts.

Very interesting, thanks for posting!

Soldato
to give you some sort of perspective, gerry rafferty who died not so long ago and was probably best known for his song 'baker street' earnt £70k p/a in royalties for that song alone.

the saxophone session player was paid 200 (can't remember if it was dollars or sterling) for his solo, by cheque. the cheque bounced.

Commissario
he gets enough. i'd rather write a great song than sing one...

Aye, the writers get money any time any version of it is played/used, a Singer just gets a smaller (from memory) amount when their version is played/used.

Hence why so many of todays "pop stars" are likely to be relying on the Panto circuit (or another job entirely) in 5-10 years, whilst the guys who can write their own hits will likely continue to be in the business writing for others and still making a fairly good living off it.

Caporegime
Hence why so many of todays "pop stars" are likely to be relying on the Panto circuit (or another job entirely) in 5-10 years, whilst the guys who can write their own hits will likely continue to be in the business writing for others and still making a fairly good living off it.

That's why people like Steps end up working in Butlins.

Noel Gallager on the other hand will be doing fine even if he does nothing for the rest of his life.

Also why I like Taylor Swift, she writes all* of her songs, and is the best selling artist in the last 5 years. The amount she makes will make Britney in her prime seems like a drop in the ocean I bet.

*a small minority co-wrote with another person.

Back
Top Bottom