Fujitsu consumable supplies

Soldato
Our scanner is saying this

"It is about time to replace the consumable supplies. Please replace PAD ASY in paper feeder if the feeding capability is deteriorated.
Regarding how to replace the pad, please refer to the operators guide. (Code DS42003)"

Then options to warn after 100 pages or ignore error all together.

Does this mean a part needs replacing, feeding capability is fine and the error has been coming up for over a month now

Associate
Ours started saying this about the beginning of last week so I googled the error and your post is the only relevant result (been waiting for Overclockers to activate my account since then >.>). I've found with a lot of hardware such as printers that when they reach a certain print count they are programmed to stop working until you replace a photoconductor or fuser unit or whatever, even though these parts are still working fine. My best guess is this is probably just a warning message designed to come up after a certain amount of scans considering both our scanners are still doing their job, but I am by no means an expert so don't quote me on this ;)

Ours is still running fine and we've been scanning 200+ documents a day so I'm ignoring it for now but if anyone has any tips to squeeze some more life out of it if it dies I'd greatly appreciate it.

Ours is a fi-4530c which has now been discontinued and I can't find anywhere that sells replacement parts for it so I'm hoping to keep it going as long as possible.

Soldato
OP
Well, I installed a new PAD ASY in one of our scanners on friday and the error came up after I scanned one thing.

This isnt really ideal as we have about 10 of these scanners throughout our company and want to know when they are actually going to start degrading, instead of waiting until it breaks as we will be ignoring the 'fake' error message

edit - just found this. Should solve the problem

you can reset this message in the scanner control panel.

<scanner and cameras>
open <scanner and cameras>
inside you will find your fujitsu scanner fi-5120C
now call <attributes>
-- in WIN2000 there is a button, in XP use the right mouse button--
in <device settings> you see the ADF counter, and the consumable counters for pad and pick roller.
Reset the changed parts, confirm the EEPROM writing
and the message will be cleared.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
NP. made easier for help

Control panel > scanner and cameras > right click scanner > properties > Device set > Clear Pad > confirm the EEPROM writing

Back
Top Bottom