*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
I've tried Yatse through my phone, but it doesn't seem to give enough info about what's playing - you can't see playlists and stuff for Spotify. Unless I'm using it wrong?

Associate
So confused.
Setup XMBC, got it all detected movies in order all looking nice..

but when I play a trailer or a movie, (720p/1080p) usually.. they just playback juddery/glitchy and my mouse moves dead slow? anyone know why?

My PC is core i5 2500k clocked at 4.4ghz got a 7970 graphics card etc so I'm sure it's not my computer.. I can play the files through VLC etc without a hickup? Hopefully it's just something I'm doing wrong!

Don
^Look at the audio output options, change it to another setting. I can't remember exactly where it is, someone else on here had the same problem.

Something like..

System
Settings
Devices...
Audio Output

Last edited:
Associate
Done it, cheers pal! that was odd. :) seems a bit quiet, same as VLC usually I have to turn VLC to like 150-200% .. but music etc is really loud on youtube and stuff. :) guess there is a boost function on XMBC too! I shall find it :)

Soldato
What's the best way of running XBMC headlessly? I want to use it as a Spotify box, effectively, so I want to be able to see what's playing, my playlists, etc on my iPad, while my XBMC box is in a cupboard plugged into my speakers.

Any other thoughts? I was hoping to be able to use it via VNC, but it doesn't appear that that's an option in XBMC?

Soldato
OP
XBMC won't run truly headless. You need to have it showing a window on a desktop - even if you don't have a monitor plugged in...

That said, you can then control it via a number of apps for iOS/Android/Windows, but I'm not sure if those will allow you to make use of Spotify.

I don't use Spotify, so I don't know whether something like Yatse will allow control of it. There's an option in Yatse at least to go through the "file" structure of add-ons - this might do what you need it to do?

Else - if you can get it displaying on-screen (not in proper full-screen mode) then you might be able to use VNC or TeamViewer etc.

Associate
I tried playing a Blu-ray disc last night and wouldn't load. XBMC noticed the disc and when I tried to play it, it just did nothing?

Does anyone know if the LG BH16NS40 16x SATA Internal BDRW has an compatibility issues?

Didn't really have time to test it out using windows media player or anything.

Caporegime
Guys,

Got my movies set up so it shows it with text rather than posters. But it's not updating them for some reason.

Anyway to force an update, or what am I missing?

Associate
Hi Guys,

I'm having some lag problems playing uncompressed 1080p content, normal 1080p stuff with DTS sound works fine. I can play uncompressed 1080p perfectly using VLC so it's not a hardware issue, I think I've got XBMC set up slightly wrong. Here are my settings:

e6zw.png
qwap.png
thc0.png

I've got an HD5450 going to an Onkyo amp via HDMI and then onto a 50" 1080p Plasma. The only settings you cannot see are the last audio ones as I always connect through RDP, they are set to WASAPI. I've had a quick look through here and can't see that I've done anything obviously wrong?

Cheers for any help!

Last edited:
Associate
Is there an add on to allow me to get default box-set art for my movie collection? At the moment my collection of Terminator films is displaying the artwork for the second one, i know i can change this manually (and have been) but is there anything else out there I can do instead? To display a pic of blu ray box-set art for example.

Soldato
OP
MG42Maniac,

Does your receiver actually support TrueHD, DTS-HD, AC3 etc ? If there's any of those that it doesn't support, and it tries to send the data down via HDMI, it will lag.

Try disabling all of those options, and re-enable them until the problem returns - you then know which format isn't supported.

Soldato
Is there an add on to allow me to get default box-set art for my movie collection? At the moment my collection of Terminator films is displaying the artwork for the second one, i know i can change this manually (and have been) but is there anything else out there I can do instead? To display a pic of blu ray box-set art for example.

Are you asking about art for individual movies? If so, the artwork downloader addon is what you need.

Are you asking about the artwork assigned to the xbmc feature, Movie Sets?

That might be dependent on the skin you use. I think XBMC by default just picks art for the first movie in the collection that has art. But I think some skins find ways to manage this differently.

Edit: someone has made an addon to automate the process of manually updating movie set art: Artwork Automator

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom