Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Associate
Nougat is out - downloading to my 6P now. Apparently none of the leaked new features are present though :mad: No new nav bar, no fingerprint scanner gesture, no double tap to wake, new blue setting menu...

All that being saved for the new Nexus apparently, I think the older Nexus devices will probably get those features with an update at some point.

Don
Updated my 5X yesterday, it's been running a bit sluggish for a couple of weeks, kept putting off doing a format.

After installing Android 7, I had an issue where Google Play Services kept crashing, so I formatted the phone.

Faster than ever now, seems much snappier than when I first had it :)

Loving the new small display size option..

Settings>Display
Font size - Small
Display size - Small

Makes everything tiny :)

Soldato
Updated my 5X yesterday, it's been running a bit sluggish for a couple of weeks, kept putting off doing a format.

After installing Android 7, I had an issue where Google Play Services kept crashing, so I formatted the phone.

Faster than ever now, seems much snappier than when I first had it :)

Loving the new small display size option..

Settings>Display
Font size - Small
Display size - Small

Makes everything tiny :)

Have you set your animation speeds to 0.5 in developers options? Prepare to be blown away if not.

Caporegime
Nougat is running really nice on the 5x, seems to have sorted the slow down/lags I noticed every now and then over the last few weeks. Split screen mode works great too.

Only issue is battery seems to drain quicker over night. Seen a few people mentioning this.

Soldato
Nougat is running really nice on the 5x, seems to have sorted the slow down/lags I noticed every now and then over the last few weeks. Split screen mode works great too.

Only issue is battery seems to drain quicker over night. Seen a few people mentioning this.

Yup, I've noticed that issue.
I think before the update, I only lost roughly 2% overnight. Now it is something like 15%

Soldato
Anyone know why I'm not on the new update ?

5X user here on EE.

Are they making me wait

No idea, I'm on T-mobile and got mine last week I think. Just luck of the draw I guess. I got this months security update for 7.0 yesterday too.

Looks like my doze issue is back. 19% gone overnight.

Caporegime
I enrolled in the beta, got the update then un-enrolled, phone didn't reset.

Update: Done a reboot (First reboot since the OTA update was done) last night, Used the phone until it was 70%, Left it for 8hrs and only lost 1%.

Mine seems to have somewhat sorted itself out...

Soldato
I just got nougat and my battery lasts half of the time.....this is a joke.
Overnight the phone lost 25% when it used to lost 5%
Battery usage:
Screen 7%
Mobile standby 6%
Android OS 4%
Android system 3%

Back
Top Bottom