New essential Android apps thread

Soldato

Yeah, last night. In fairness the box was right there to untick when it appeared (didn't have to scroll down or anything) but I imagine most people will end up ignoring it and just agreeing.

Been playing the new Deus Ex Go this morning, it's quite good. Preferred the Tomb Raider setting as it felt better 'integrated' into the environments and levels but it's still a very polished game.

Soldato
When you see the new T&C's you can deselect sharing the information but I think it's only a partial exemption from what I have read.

Not a faceache user myself so I'm not sure how it will affect me. If I start getting watsapp adverts sent me me as messages then I'll be removing it I instantly.

De-slected it aswell. Don't use the facebook app or the site much.

It has grabbed my data from other people accounts so not much you can do. Its like a virus.

Associate
Don't know if this has been previously posted but came across Windyty today via Gizmodo.co.uk

Basically another weather app, but very nice looking. Webpage is at

https://www.windyty.com

can find the app on the Google store just search for Windyty

Website looks just like the app so its worth checking it out before installing on your phone.

Soldato
Looking for an app that will sync folders from my Pc to my Android phone. I used to use SyncMe Wireless but, when Android changed their write permissions, its now causing hassle

Anyone know of an easy to use one that will sync entire directories but also allow exclusions via wildcards, scheduling etc??

Soldato
Looking for an app that will sync folders from my Pc to my Android phone. I used to use SyncMe Wireless but, when Android changed their write permissions, its now causing hassle

Anyone know of an easy to use one that will sync entire directories but also allow exclusions via wildcards, scheduling etc??

I can't help, but I am after the same, seems SyncMe Wireless has issued with SD cards :(

Soldato

on his google+ discussion page, you can email the author for a beta version with sdcard support until he is ready to release an update...

Caporegime
What has happened to the bookmarks button on the Chrome Beta home page?!?

Now have cards there instead of bookmarks and recent tabs...

WTF Google?!?!

Soldato
Chrome or stock Samsung internet for browser?

Been using Chromw for many years, but been reading the the Samsung browser is actually quite good. Going to try it out but would like others opinions.

One thing, I can't see a way of importing your bookmarks into the Samsung browser from Chrome,
which is a pain as I have quite a few in various sub folders etc, & don't really want to have to type them all out.

Soldato

i have a beta version apk from the author if you want to try it? use trust to mail me :)

Associate
Chrome or stock Samsung internet for browser?

Been using Chromw for many years, but been reading the the Samsung browser is actually quite good. Going to try it out but would like others opinions.

One thing, I can't see a way of importing your bookmarks into the Samsung browser from Chrome,
which is a pain as I have quite a few in various sub folders etc, & don't really want to have to type them all out.

there is a chrome extension for the pc called samsung sync that someone mentioned in the s7 thread. I've never tried it so not sure what it's like but you could give it a try.

Soldato
My wife has a Moto G3 which she loves apart from the camera. She hates having to press anywhere on the screen as quite a few of her pics have her finger showing and the delay in taking the pic is awful. I've not looked at it myself so there might be changes to the settings that can be made. What she would like, if possible, is to have a button on the screen like the one on my Nexus 5. Is this possible or would I have to find an app to do it?

Caporegime
Has Microsoft pulled support for adding hotmail as an exchange account now? Push was great to have, now I'm stuck with having my phone set to poll every 15 minutes??

Caporegime
Quickpic doesn't seem to play as nice with nougat, I get a few crashes every now and then with it so I'm just using google photos now, does the job.

Back
Top Bottom