Mobile abroad auto adding +44

Soldato
Just in Spain at the moment and my mate who's on Vodafone is having problems. My phones on three and it's auto connected and I can dial mobiles fine.

My mates has switchd to Vodafone ES but when he tries to call me it's getting an invalid number message. It only works if he manually changes the number to add the +44

any ideas what her doing wrong?

Caporegime
Seriously? The number will be stored on his phone as 07xxxxxxxxx, change the contact in the phone to 004407xxxxxxxxx and it will work. He's not on a UK network anymore so will need to dial 0044 every time.

Soldato
OP
Seriously? The number will be stored on his phone as 07xxxxxxxxx, change the contact in the phone to 004407xxxxxxxxx and it will work. He's not on a UK network anymore so will need to dial 0044 every time.

Yes SERIOUSLY. So your telling me he's got to change all his existing contacts? I've not had to do it on mine, all mine are the usual 07xxxxxx and it dials fine.

Same with someone else on an iPhone who's on T-Mobile.

Soldato
OP
Right could be it. I've just switched him to the same network mines connected to which is moviestar and that's now working OK.

Soldato

Seriously? Definitely don't do this!! 00 isn't a standard international call prefix and it varies from country to country, it's 010 in the US for example. Just store the numbers as +44 to avoid any problems.

Back
Top Bottom