**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Second that.

I tend to get anker stuff and have 3 anker usb cables in different formats one for my type c connector on my motherboard and two a - c cables for my use in my car and battery pack

Soldato
Getting depressed with the amount of USB-C chargers/cables that are failing the 'Benson Leung' checks for correct spec.

The Aukey charger I purchased a while back and took to the Maldives with me, that performs just fine for now got slaughtered by him and others.
https://plus.google.com/photos/102612254593917101378/albums/6310093258558467505

There's not a single sodding decent Type C charger out there, and the state of things is a complete mess. It doesn't bode well for the standard if manufacturers (even Anker) can't even build correct spec items.

Soldato
A bit concerning. As a lot of folks will just order from trusted seller like Amazon and presume it's all good.

How can this situation be so hard.

A spec is released and you build to it...

Soldato
A bit concerning. As a lot of folks will just order from trusted seller like Amazon and presume it's all good.

How can this situation be so hard.

A spec is released and you build to it...
This is what confuses me. That Benson chap has already had a Pixel Book blow up due to a cable. When a OnePlus3 arriving next week for the wife, I'll now have two Type C devices to look after too.

I have 4 sets of Type C cables and have no idea what one to trust, along with that charger that Benson has criticised. How hard can it be?!

Soldato
Is the issue with the charger or the cable. As I have 3 anker cables and I just plug them into any 12v car charger or plug when traveling

Oh well warranty should protect to a certain degree

But sad state of affairs

Soldato
Last time I checked the OP3's USB port is not 100% compliant to the type c spec anyway, like the OP2 (a lot of type c accessories don't work with them). Best to stick with the supplied cable and charger.

Associate
S Health doesn't work with Android 7.0, myself and others have experienced the S Health app not loading fully.

Looks like I'm sending back my Gear S2 as I've only had it 10 days and it can't sync now with my other health apps which all continue to work OK.

Soldato
Respect to Anker for responding so quickly and having a decent resolution proposed.

********. USB C has been with us for a year now and it's ridiculous all these companies can't create a simple cable to a particular specification after all this time.

Soldato
Cost saving, its expensive to build it properly and it cuts into margins. Even Apples Type-C charger had issues and they fixed it (maybe?). Same thing happened with lighting cables so apple started that whole thing on iPhones/iPad where it throughs up a warning if its not certified cable.

Back
Top Bottom