**** The Official Note 4 thread ****

Soldato
Soldato
Only if they improve the screen res. Felt like the icons and text were way to chunky for the screen size on the note3.

It's pretty certain that it'll be a QHD screen. However, that won't affect the size that text/icons are on the screen, as Android will scale it to be the same.

So it'll be sharper, but it won't make things smaller.

If you're rooted you can do that by changing the DPI though. I've got mine a lot lower than stock, as it's just ridiculous how large things are as standard. It's like it was designed for 80 year olds with no sight yet.

Soldato
Out the box I found the note 3 a bit bulky text and icon wise. Not so much with Z2 , M8 or Nexus 5

That's all I was saying really.

Yep that makes sense, but I think we were just trying to explain that a higher resolution screen won't fix that.

I'm actually a bit tempted by this, but I just don't know if I'll get on with the size. I like a larger screen, better for everything basically, but I also like that I can use my N5 with one hand when I need to.

Need to find someone with a similar sized phone to have a play with I think!

Associate
A design change would be nice.
Power, volume buttons on one side. spen up top. slap the front buttons and fingerprint scanner on the back. make it smaller than the note 3.

Associate
If you're rooted you can do that by changing the DPI though. I've got mine a lot lower than stock, as it's just ridiculous how large things are as standard. It's like it was designed for 80 year olds with no sight yet.

Don't even need to be rooted, just use ADB shell to change it on the fly

Back
Top Bottom