gigabyte 990x gaming

Associate
Bought the Overclocker bundle with this included, and everything went together surprisingly well.

However on initial boot up from an old (2014) Linux Mint x64 DVD just to test stuff out, I found that the USB ports wouldn't work even though they worked fine in the BIOS (or whatever).

Subsequent Googling shows there is (or was) a known problem with x64 Linux and some Gigabyte AMD mother boards. x32 Linux seems fine.

Has anyone else encountered these?

It may be that more recent versions of x64 Linux work fine (I haven't yet tested).

There don't seem to be any reports about problems with Windows; again has anyone encountered any?

No doubt I will have more questions to add ad time goes on.

Associate
Having windows install problems with the Gigabybe 990X gaming sli

I also bought the 2 x Bundle Deal, What settings do I need to set up on the above Board to successfully do a clean install of Windows 10 on a WD 640GB HDD, I have bought the retail version of windows home 64bit (usb).. But cant get it to install at all.
I have never had any problems installing any previous versions of windows, but the above board uses the UEIF Bios, and no matter what i set it to, windows fails to install, with various errors.

I've even went to the windows site and downloaded and burned a DVD copy, but that one just sits on press any key to install windows, forever.

the error the usb keys throw up to me is: System Thread Exception Not Handled, which i know to be old drivers, but as its a clean install on a new system, windows should know, that the motherboard drivers and Graphics card driver isn't installed yet.. other versions of windows would never do this.

I even used disk part to change the drive to GPD as windows told me to, but again when i tried to reinstall, windows couldn't install to any of the partitions, Really need this sorted as I have two identical systems built, Being collect tomorrow, any help welcome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom