Spec me a motherboard

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard as right now it's the only limiting factor in my upgrade capabilities. I'm using a Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2H [H81]as of right now in a full tower case and I'm looking for a board that can fill the space and not be so cramped.

My requirements are that it supports 2 way SLI, has at least 32gb of DDR3 and can fit an i7 4790 [non k].

Cheers for any help

Man of Honour
We see this so often on here and it's why you must pick the right board when you build a pc. You are going to be restricted on what stock is remaining now. None of the ones that OCUK has will do the job so you need to look elsewhere and we can't tell you where to look as mentioning competitors is against the forum rules. I have found some suitable boards in stock elsewhere which I will list below but you will have to find out where they are on sale for yourself.

Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3
ASRock Z97 Extreme4
Asus Z97-PRO Gamer
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK
Asus Z97-A
Asrock Z97 Extreme6

Associate
OP
I'd like to blame the fact that my current mobo is not great on the fact that I bought it in a barebones deal when I initially started getting into pc enthusiasm about a year ago. It was pretty cheap on *insert competitor here*

I did initially check out the first Gigabyte board you mentioned but it's good to know that I was far from the beaten path. Thanks for your help anyway though.

Back
Top Bottom