Quantum Break PC version confirmed!

Soldato
Just wanted to post this here as the embargo lifted for the game a couple of minutes ago and Gamespot posted this.

"Xbox One title Quantum Break will also be released on PC, and both versions will launch on April 5, developer Remedy Entertainment and publisher Microsoft have confirmed."

Great news for us PC gamers as this personally is one of my most awaited games this year :D

Article here....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quantum-break-pc-version-confirmed/1100-6434694/

PC Requirements added.

quantumbreak.png

More interesting info.

WINDOWS 10

QUANTUM BREAK FOR XBOX ONE PRE-ORDER OFFER:

WHAT IS THE SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFER ON “QUANTUM BREAK?”

For a limited time, anyone who pre-orders the digital version of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code. The pre-order offer also applies for those who redeem a digital code purchased from participating retailers or from the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle by April 4th, 2016.

HOW LONG DOES THIS SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFER LAST FOR?

The special pre-order offer will run from February 11 to April 4th, 2016.

HOW DO I GET THE WINDOWS 10 VERSION OF THE GAME FOR FREE?

Starting February 11, anyone who pre-orders the digital version of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code. The pre-order offer also applies for those who redeem a digital code purchased from participating retailers or from the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle by April 5, 2016.

HOW WILL I RECEIVE THE WINDOWS 10 CODE? HOW DO I ACTIVATE IT?

After you pre-order a digital copy of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store, you will receive a system message over Xbox Live that includes a 5x5 redemption code for the Windows 10 version of the game. Codes will be issued shortly after launch.

WILL THERE BE SHARED PROGRESS ACROSS THE CAMPAIGN? IS THERE ANY CROSS-PLAY OPPORTUNITIES BETWEEN THE XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 VERSIONS?

“Quantum Break” will support shared saves between the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions. There is no cross-play functionality as “Quantum Break” is a single player action-adventure experience.

GAME INFO:

Quantum Break is an upcoming third-person shooter action game to be released for the Xbox One & Microsoft Windows. It is being developed by Remedy Entertainment and published by Microsoft Studios. A Quantum Break digital live-action series is also in production. The game will feature digital episodes that interact with the game based on the player's choices.

Quantum Break is a third-person action-adventure game. Players play as Jack Joyce, a person with time manipulation powers in a world where time stutters, making everything freeze except Joyce. Players can use a variety of firearms, as well as their time-manipulating powers to defeat enemies in the game. Joyce can stop time temporarily, allowing him to escape from attacks or freeze enemies, unleash a "Time Blast", which is an offensive projectile, and reverse the direction of bullets. He can also interact with the environments, creating environmental effects that would harm hostile characters. He can also utilize his "Time Rush" ability, which allows him to spawn right next to an enemy to perform an immediate melee takedown. In addition, players can speed up the time around him and swap between covers to diversify attention from unaware enemies. As for defensive abilities, Joyce can protect himself from attacks by deploying a "Time Shield", which can deflect bullets, performing "Time Dodge", which allows him to dash quickly to evade from attacks or simply hiding behind covers.

There are also less action-orientated segments in the game, where players have to solve environmental puzzles while progressing the game like a 3D platform game. With time stuttering and collapsing, objects may get trapped in a time loop. This would make them to become environment hazards and enter an unstable state which are constantly shifting, and would hence create dangerous situations for players, such as them repeatedly smashing into a platform. These objects would become obstacles that would block players' way, and they can be overcome by slowing down or stopping time, so that Joyce can escape from these objects and progresses without getting hurt. He can also call help by relieving frozen non-playable characters.

The gameplay is split into segments. After playing through a segment of the game an episode of the digital show will play. In the game, the video game portion will tell the story of the protagonists while the show will tell the story of the antagonists. Players can make choices as the antagonist in the beginning of each episode of the TV show, also known as "the junction points". These decisions would influence the state of the game.

SCREENSHOTS: (xbox One version as there are no official pc screenshots yet)

quantum-break-punch.jpg

quantum-break-time-stop.jpg

quantum-break-gunfight.jpg

TRAILER:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyNYbVPSs38

NEW GAMEPLAY PREVIEWS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9OaGMi4RaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pikh6UrRe0k

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It seems Gamespot took GOW4 and Scalebound off that article. May have been a mistake or they jumped the gun abit there lol.

Soldato
Those requirements are nonsense. Not even gonna bother worrying about them. An XB1 can run it but you need a Haswell i5 and GTX760 on PC?

Really annoyed with this trend of basically making 1080p/30fps/medium-high settings the 'minimum' for these PC versions of multiplats nowadays.

Anyways, really cool. Always had my eye on this, but never gave it a ton of thought due to XB1 exclusivity.

PC game releases this year are just bonkers. It's basically packed from start to finish. I'm afraid I probably wont even get around to this one for a while cuz I'm gonna have so much else to play.

Soldato
Shame its tied to Windows Store only that means you have to use Xbox Live For Windows (like Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Windows Store). This means you have to sign into Win 10 & use that Xbox app instead of Steam.

Soldato
Those requirements are nonsense. Not even gonna bother worrying about them. An XB1 can run it but you need a Haswell i5 and GTX760 on PC?

Really annoyed with this trend of basically making 1080p/30fps/medium-high settings the 'minimum' for these PC versions of multiplats nowadays.

Anyways, really cool. Always had my eye on this, but never gave it a ton of thought due to XB1 exclusivity.

PC game releases this year are just bonkers. It's basically packed from start to finish. I'm afraid I probably wont even get around to this one for a while cuz I'm gonna have so much else to play.

At this point we know very little about the PC version bar it being a DX12 game.

There could be plenty of graphical upgrades, stuff like better AA or AO is not "cheap" , the requirements could be based off a 60fps requirement and not 30fps. Anyway most requirements are unrealistic anyways.

Lets not forget Remedy have there roots in the demo scene and in the PC , so I have some faith the PC version will be good and worth it.

Never the less the news has been a welcome surprise! I just wish I had not brought a xbox not so long ago for the game lol.

Soldato
I like Remedy, Max Payne was amazing for its time and Alan Wake was an interesting game. Glad to see some more Xbox games making their way to the PC platform!

Soldato
Yeah pretty hardcore requirements. I hope the recommended is for 4K...
Probably more like 1080p/60fps with super max ultra settings, or hopefully 1440p/60fps with high-max settings.

At this point we know very little about the PC version bar it being a DX12 game.

There could be plenty of graphical upgrades, stuff like better AA or AO is not "cheap" , the requirements could be based off a 60fps requirement and not 30fps. Anyway most requirements are unrealistic anyways.

Lets not forget Remedy have there roots in the demo scene and in the PC , so I have some faith the PC version will be good and worth it.

Never the less the news has been a welcome surprise! I just wish I had not brought a xbox not so long ago for the game lol.
I wasn't trying to suggest the requirements indicated they wouldn't do a good job with the PC version, just that they probably shouldn't be taken as a proper guideline of anything.

And if the minimum requirements actually mean a 60fps experience, it would seriously just annoy me waaaay more. They are just scaring people away at that point, as many people, especially with lower rigs, are just fine playing at 30fps and sometimes even less-than-1080p resolutions if it means they can play the game. Ya know, people who actually like playing games and not just looking at them.

And then saying a 980Ti as 'recommended' is nuts. Again, that scares people off, making it seem like this game is going to be ultra demanding. It'd be nice if everyone was rational and didn't see it that way, but they aren't and successful marketing tactics ALWAYS assume consumers are not going to be completely rational. Seriously.

Last edited:
Soldato
MS did at least 1 thing right with Win 10 :rolleyes: They made the code between XB1 & PC Win 10 identical IF the developers go down that road it means no extra cost to them as long as they use Win 10 Store only AND Xbox Live For Windows App :(

So Remedy probably had no choice as MS funded Quantum Break (Alan Wake cost $40m to develop MS paid for that as well but allowed it on PC several years later via Steam). Looks like MS are allowing this on PC Win 10 Store exclusive this time and Remedy can either disagree & stay XB1 exclusive (for low sales) or accept like they did :(

I hate having to sign into Win 10 with my user account it ties so many things to it but looks like that is the future MS are trying to force onto PC gamers sadly :(

This Win 10 Xbox Live For Windows App is junk it forces so many choices on you along with requiring an XB1 controller (£70 alone for the wireless model!). If your a gamepad gamer like me!

MS should be fixing the still broken Games For Windows marketplace app which has been broken for almost 3 months instead :(

Associate
This game piqued my interest from its E3 trailers. Good to know I'll have the option to play it on my platform of choice, just hope Microsoft makes it available on Steam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom