Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Soldato
Mine came through today. £99.87 from the forest. Luckily I had a UK plug already, as it was the EU model.

Lovely monitor, but sadly I have a single dead (black on all colours) pixel in the centre left of the screen. For £99 I don't think I'll worry too much -- it's unnoticeable in a game, but if it irritates me enough I might go through Dell's warranty and get a replacement if possible. Although... seeing as though I managed to snag this for £99, maybe I should just suck it up lol.

Have to say though, the screen is much worse than my IPS screen.

Unlucky! Might be worth speaking to dell and seeing if they can assist, they were good with me when I was looking to replace mine.

Associate
Hi, has anyone had issues with their monitor not waking up? I've disabled the deep sleep but I can't fathom when it goes to sleep and not waking up. It does wake every time I press the reset on the computer so it reboots but sometimes the keyboard and everything is up and running but the monitor just sits there.:confused:

Soldato
When I put mine into sleep, its fine.
I have however noticed that sometimes when I first boot up, the monitor doesn't wake up. Pressing the reset works fine. I don't get any 'You didn't shut down properly last time' messages though.

Associate
Hi, has anyone had issues with their monitor not waking up? I've disabled the deep sleep but I can't fathom when it goes to sleep and not waking up. It does wake every time I press the reset on the computer so it reboots but sometimes the keyboard and everything is up and running but the monitor just sits there.:confused:

Mine does this with deep sleep. Regular sleep works fine.

Permabanned
Yes, which I said before, I just mentioned I got it cheaper elsewhere, didn't even hint where from and the mods jumped on me right off the bat with a " NO COMPETITOR HINTING ". Yet people are posting prices and even hinting where they got it from. To be honest I don't care either way about peoples postings, but I can't stand staff hypocrisy :mad:

I think you need to move on and stop bringing that up tbh. :confused:

If you have an issue with a moderator's decision then PM them. ;)

Associate
Just tried DSR on this screen I did not know that it would work and it does, perfectly.
An old game where there is no way of getting rid of the jaggies [I am looking at you Dead Space] never looked so smooth. Low res textures still look low res unfortunately

Soldato
PCM2 - Cheers for the quick response, 30-144hz is a fantastic range!

Only thing that worries me is all the negative feedback most of these high end monitors get! Light bleed/Ghosting/Dead pixels and so on... Don't know a whole lot in regards to monitors other than Res/Hz and G-Sync/Freesync.

Soldato
PCM2 - Cheers for the quick response, 30-144hz is a fantastic range!

Only thing that worries me is all the negative feedback most of these high end monitors get! Light bleed/Ghosting/Dead pixels and so on... Don't know a whole lot in regards to monitors other than Res/Hz and G-Sync/Freesync.

I'll be reviewing it shortly, but can tell you that it is generally less prone to backlight bleed than the comparable AHVA ('IPS') models and obviously has no glow. And 'ghosting' is simply not an issue. The pixel responses are very snappy and in practice the inverse ghosting (overshoot) is too faint for most to notice. I'll obviously assess this in more detail in the review, but really this does have some advantages over the 'IPS' models.

Back
Top Bottom