color me interested :D

Soldato
OP
ignoring the fact the look the nuts

I'm looking for some closed backs for work haha not sure if teh £350 mark is work friendly but I think I would have to try them all the same :)

Associate
thing that concerns me is all the issues with the EL-8 closed. It literally sounds like a £200 headphone with issues with the connectors. If they can make a good sounding product in that price range it will be a beast. They've really good down hill with their fazors and new products and lot's of product failures.

I hope Audeze can rebound starting with this product! as they do make some good stuff.

Soldato
Interesting price for the spec - will be very interested in how it turns out... Planar magnetic is the shiz imo. Audeze have had troubles with closed-back in the past, however, as Ryan pointed out.

Associate
I think my local dealer is getting a demo unit in soon so may go down to try some! won't buy a pair though. Hopefully they are better than the Oppo PM-3 which are pretty uninteresting in terms of sound.

Associate
I tried these the other day and my lord what a gorgeous product. The lambskin and looks and feels is just pure class, like if the V-Moda M100 was dressed for a gentleman's party.

Didn't get too much listening done I just wanted to try them but what I gatherd was the low bass was low in level but the mid range and up was lovely. Really spacious sounding with good separation and tonal balance. I shall be trying these again.

Associate
They are £399 but there's a sale on which puts them at about £350.

My phone managed to drive them fine so a entry level amp & DAC and up wouldn't have any problems. They really sound good but I could do with more bass. If they had more LCD-2 bass extension I wouldn't hesitate to buy them but to be fair they are small drivers and do so much right

Last edited:
Associate
Just don't expect that Audeze LCD bass with them but they do go down to about 40hz and are flat through the mids. I remember when I tried the PM3 I wasn't that impressed with them as they were quite dull sounding but quite neutral for a portable headphone where as the Sines have a nice exciting sound.

Associate
Yeah the Ether C is priced pretty silly.

Most of the top closed backs are all near a grand and over. Makes me think the Audeze headphones are not that bad in terms of price when you look at the competition in the planar category.

The open Ether is pretty meh, awful bass but the C is meant to be very good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom