Toshiba Satellite L670D-13F Battery Replacement?

Associate
Hi guys,

my mums toshiba laptop which is about 5 years old or more is no longer holding much charge. I think the cells are obviously dying and not holding much charge overall. I have two questions.

1. I have a voltometer. Would I be able to test the battery in anyway to see how 'healthy' it is?

2. If a replacement battery is needed where could a good quality one at a decent price be had from? I haven't seen any genuine Toshiba ones, plus it may not be worth putting in a high priced component as the rest of the machine could potentially start failing due to age.

P.s. This is my first post so thanks for any advice. Looks like a smashing forum.

laptop-label_zpsgrruh1zz.jpg

battery-label_zps9dtslheh.jpg

Associate
for a 5-year-old laptop, I would just buy a semi-cheapo battery off the bay and simply make sure that regular backups of important data is kept. All rechargeable batteries have a limited lifespan (usually determined by charge/discharge cycles), and with it being 5 years old, and not holding charge, it's very likely your battery is on its way out

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply s452. I was thinking ebay for a reasonably priced after market battery would be the best bet. I've just been worried about buying something dangerous as poorly made battteries have the potential to leak.

Though I'll tell my folks to not leave it charging unattended and all should be good. Thankfully my mum doesn't have anything important on the laptop. It's just a big plastic web browser as she wouldn't know how to save anything to it lol.

Associate
if you're really worried about the safety of a battery from ebay (I've used plenty without issue), you could always try to contact toshiba themselves to purchase a battery from them. It might be cheaper buying a new laptop though...

Back
Top Bottom