Manchester folk, in ere

Commissario
I may have a couple of hours to kill on Friday lunchtime, have to get a train home at 2:15 from Piccadilly station though.
Where would be best to go for lunch? Anything in particular to see?
It's one of the few places I've never visited before :)

Soldato
Explore the Northern quarter, that's a couple of minutes walk, some great bars / food places there. China town is more than a 2 minute walk from Piccadilly, more like 7 minutes but either is neither here nor there lol.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Soldato
Love Lust Liquor and Burn in the Northern Quarter, if you want something Tex/Mex, or a nice BBQ type burger.

If you do go to MOSI, on the corner opposite the Beetham Tower there's an Italian called Don Marco which I know is good, or a Greek Tapas called Dimitri's which I hear is good.

Italian tapas type called Cichetti's built into House of Fraser which I've been to twice - once was quite nice, but the other time was mindblowingly good. I don't know which is the norm though!

Soldato
I may have a couple of hours to kill on Friday lunchtime, have to get a train home at 2:15 from Piccadilly station though.
Where would be best to go for lunch? Anything in particular to see?
It's one of the few places I've never visited before :)

Go to Pieminister for lunch on Church Street. I was there the other day and it was immense, go for the moo mothership!

Afterwards walk through Manchester admiring the number of legal high addicts....

Caporegime
I've just been told about a great place called Almost Famous burgers - anyone been?

yeah its fantastic, by the amc cinema down the toher end of deansgate (5-10 min walk from picadilly)

aflecks palace by the northern quater is a fun little shoop to have a browse around, lots of little strange shops in one place one sells all the american snaks and sweets and drinks etc.

Back
Top Bottom