Is the iPhone SE a 7 day wonder?

Associate
I will have to look next time I'm in town. I've never thought to look what the shops called but the name CEX doesn't ring any bells. I've never heard the name until it was mentioned in this thread.

Easy to spot a CeX shop, they have a distinctive aroma of 'teen spirit' and body odour. This wonderful info is from my wife who's a nurse and in her words 'nurses have a good sense of smell for dodgy odours'

Soldato
I still have an iphone 5 used as an iPod for in the car and a back up phone. My main phone is a Smart Ultra 6 which is 6+ size, and let me tell you, the 5 is so so small. I personally think (for me, at least) that the iPhone 6 is the perfect size....

Caporegime
I still use a 32GB iPhone 5 as my personal phone. I've used the 6 and 6S but I just can't justify the upgrade, at least until the 5 becomes unusably slow or falls apart.

Soldato
I just replaced my iPhone 5 32GB with a Xiaomi Redmi 3. It's a little bigger but not massively so, and it only cost £106 SIM-free. The battery life on my iPhone 5 was starting to get ridiculous and I couldn't be faffed replacing it myself. Sold it to one of those recycling companies for £90.

Suspended
OP
I still use a 32GB iPhone 5 as my personal phone. I've used the 6 and 6S but I just can't justify the upgrade, at least until the 5 becomes unusably slow or falls apart.

I was reading an article the other day about the Apple business model. Apple are quite happy if they have less customers so long as they can maximise their profit from each and every one. The article went on to state the iPhone is actually not any better than a number of the 'high end' Android phones but they get away with silly prices because of the brand.

Competitors have now woken up to this fact and they themselves are now charging premium prices, though to be fair the phones are also premium. As a result what was started by Apple has now spread to other manufacturers and it's the customers that are ultimately paying the price - an inflated one at that.

Some sanity needs restoring to the market place. There's no way I am going to pay £600 for a phone - total madness when you can get something like the Z5 compact for half that price. It's certainly not half the phone build quality or performance wise.

Last edited:
Soldato
Premium prices is fine for the consumer market but some businesses won't pay the inflated prices. We've discontinued the iPhone from the list. The standard smartphone is now a Lumia 550 which costs us about 10% of the price we were paying for an iPhone. Before anyone goes off on one, we provide them for one primary purpose - access to Exchange email. They're not a perk, although the iPhone started to become one.

Suspended
OP
Premium prices is fine for the consumer market but some businesses won't pay the inflated prices. We've discontinued the iPhone from the list. The standard smartphone is now a Lumia 550 which costs us about 10% of the price we were paying for an iPhone. Before anyone goes off on one, we provide them for one primary purpose - access to Exchange email. They're not a perk, although the iPhone started to become one.

Personally of all the phones Apple has made I like their current crop the least and I doubt it will become one of their iconic phones like the iPhone 4 was etc.

I don't know what it is about the 6s, it's not something I can actually point to and say I dislike, it simply doesn't resonate like some previous models have. My own personal preference would be the 5s, it just sits right in the hand.

I do think the public are tiring of the constant upgrading though which could be why Apple are scaling back on production.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom