XSPC Raystorm Pro

Associate
OP
What on earth happened to that!

Not a clue, there is rust pitting plus the strange powder, must have got wet at some point the other studs for 1150 style have rust spots as well, but nowhere near as bad, TBH the block looks like it's been used at some point, perhaps repacked by previous user, who knows, just wondered if anyone else had this problem.

Associate
I got Raystorm block and accessories brand new direct from XSPC shop fulfilled by another company (im not sure if I can post) and it was shiny, brand new. As already mentioned it looks like its got wet somewhere along the line and then been placed into the bag for it too go corroded like that or its been used...

Im sure whoever you bought from if you send the pics in will send you a new kit. :)

Associate
OP
The replacement one arrived, Wonderful I can fit that later, I thought :)

Open the box to check and .. Ummmm .. I must point out this is not OverClockers fault, XSPC are the suppliers, maybe there has been a lot of rain in China :)

These ones are probably worse than the first set.

---------

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yes it's a bit of a pain.

Perhaps this is a Limited Edition Ruststorm version :)

It's an odd sort of reaction some rust pitting, and the powder residue, maybe some cleaning process and they were packed wet, the best part is the quality control --- Passed sticker

Associate
Christ, that's is some scary pics.

had two of these from OcUK, I must have been lucky as both of mine been fine.

Hope you get it sorted!

Associate
OP
Overclockers are waiting on replacements, but have been most helpful.

As for XSPC customer service it virtually equals nil, you would think I was asking for something extraordinary, not a quids worth of bolts.
They just about wanted to know what I had for breakfast and what colour socks I had on when I opened the package, then replaced nothing, totally useless.

Associate
Overclockers are waiting on replacements, but have been most helpful.

As for XSPC customer service it virtually equals nil, you would think I was asking for something extraordinary, not a quids worth of bolts.
They just about wanted to know what I had for breakfast and what colour socks I had on when I opened the package, then replaced nothing, totally useless.

Has similar situation with a Failed D5 pump, various emails answered with comments like "Hmm very strange, we don't have many fail"
Well it has so .. maybe replace it?

In the end I gave up and went with a aquastream XT pump, best thing I Ever did, but they aint small...

Associate
OP
Yes it seems they are not to interested in problems, they seem to think I've cast some sort of turn to rust spell :) and wear magical socks.

Got nowhere with XSPC, I can only imagine the ship from China ran into some rough weather and the sea water seeped in.

Only bought 2 things with XSPC stickers... won't be anymore.

Back
Top Bottom