Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
I do hope we see a little bit more of Richard E Grant. When he was announced I was hoping he'd be a regular.

possibly...

book spoiler - don't read unless you've read some of the winds of winter excepts from GRRM's website
in the books Arya/no one becomes an actress(mummer) in Izembaro's (Richard E Grant's character) company

it wasn't Mace Tyrell who visited Bravoss in the books but Ser Harys Swyft with Lannister guards so Arya doesn't kill a Kings Guard (which she has already done now in the TV series) but during a performance she seduces and kills one of the Lannister guards who she recognised from her time at Harrenhall

presumably since she's already killed a Kings Guard/Trant in the TV series and the party from Kings Landing has since returned after visiting the Bank of Bravos then that whole seduce/kill a Lannister thing isn't going to happen... but maybe there is something else they've got in store for her via having her join the theatre company

Soldato
Question: Red witch to Varys, bla bla bla, vary loses composure, then 'should I tell you the word the flames spoke when her threw your parts in the fire?'

Do we know this word?
Was it important?
Certainly first time I have seen him on the back foot.

Soldato
Question: Red witch to Varys, bla bla bla, vary loses composure, then 'should I tell you the word the flames spoke when her threw your parts in the fire?'

Do we know this word?
Was it important?
Certainly first time I have seen him on the back foot.

nope we don't know what was said - he didn't understand the language.

Soldato
I think it was to show to the very none religious Varys that she knew something that no-one could possibly know and that her God must have told her, ergo God must be real etc and it was that realisation ("how could she know") which rocked him.

Soldato
I dont get excited for this anymore. Its one of them where i forget about it then mrs reminds me to get it.

Saying that, least this episode was good! Something decent finally happened. The rest of the episodes was on par, if not worse than TWD. Hope it carries on good from here. I wanna see dragons next!

Associate
Loved Tormund's perve stare at Brienne and the eventual, "yes woman, I want you!" smile.

Be very interested to see how Bran and Meera get out of this sticky situation? I suspect I know having read the books despite them being behind but we'll see!

Edit: removed book spoiler - don't want to complicate thread!

Last edited:
Caporegime
It only got mocked because it's so contrary to most peoples opinion.
You may not like Sansa the character (or actress) but she has come a long way from the fanciful "princess" that she was at the start. In my opinion she changed the moment she saw her father's head on a pike and told Jofferey that perhaps her brother might bring her his head.
Yes she was used as a pawn in the games at King Landing but she did enough to survive which was a lot more than others managed.
After the Ramsey incident I suspect she's no ones pawn anymore now. She's come a long way from the 'princess' looking to marry a prince in shining armour. She doesn't mind eating the swill served up by the Night's Watch for a start and she's now willing to lead the fight for her home herself if needs be.

A fair bit of growth...

She's changed but her character is still awful and still has the same roots. I wanted to punch her in the face just when she was basically commanding Jon to forgive her, please forgive me, no you will forgive me, etc.

Then she's banging on about how they have to take back Winterfell. She's never been in a war, she has exactly no idea what war is like, she has no idea how to command, she thinks entire houses will fall at her feet to die for her to take back a place she wants because she has the same name as her dad. She just demands everything, acts like a spoilt brat and well, she must be ready for leadership and war because she made a shawl type thing for Jon and herself with a wolf on it.

If she wasn't just a stupid naive brat she wouldn't be talking about taking winterfell back, she'd be listening to Jon and looking to get away from trouble. It was her naive little crush on Little Finger that made her randomly choose to listen to him about marrying Ramsey then she blames Little Finger for her own situation. This was after she chose to believe Joffrey and ignore common sense and her own family, then she did the same with the shady and not at all trustworthy Little Finger.

I can't stand her character and she's still behaving like an absolute idiot. Should they take back Winterfell she deserves absolutely zero respect, zero power, just nothing. One person has attempted to keep her alive and safe, who she threw away and now she's again ignorantly sending her away on a mission she came up with. Everything she says and does makes me want to punch her in the face.

Oh and as for surviving King's Landing, everyone there wanted her alive, she still managed to get herself in constant trouble and she had to be saved multiple times, from a situation she got herself into. How many lead characters had to work hard to save her life, the dog, Tyrion, Margaery and her grandmother. Sansa has a vagina, and a name, so almost everyone has an interest in keeping her alive, almost no one wanted her dead at any time and most were using her naivety/stupidity against her.

Associate
She's changed but her character is still awful and still has the same roots. I wanted to punch her in the face just when she was basically commanding Jon to forgive her, please forgive me, no you will forgive me, etc.
I think that's just her realising she wasn't very nice when she was younger

Then she's banging on about how they have to take back Winterfell. She's never been in a war, she has exactly no idea what war is like, she has no idea how to command, she thinks entire houses will fall at her feet to die for her to take back a place she wants because she has the same name as her dad. She just demands everything, acts like a spoilt brat and well, she must be ready for leadership and war because she made a shawl type thing for Jon and herself with a wolf on it.

If she wasn't just a stupid naive brat she wouldn't be talking about taking winterfell back, she'd be listening to Jon and looking to get away from trouble.
This is Jon not really thinking straight. Where could they really go where they would be safe? Would you really want to go when there was a chance to address what has been done to your family? I don't think she's planning on leading troops in battle but as a figurehead to rally round she's quite right in that Northerners will follow her. Why else would everyone be desperately trying to marry her into their families?!

It was her naive little crush on Little Finger that made her randomly choose to listen to him about marrying Ramsey then she blames Little Finger for her own situation. This was after she chose to believe Joffrey and ignore common sense and her own family, then she did the same with the shady and not at all trustworthy Little Finger.
Don't think anyone knew what kind of monster Joff really was although she did get played by Cersei and Littlefinger. She has wizened up to those sort of things now though.

I can't stand her character and she's still behaving like an absolute idiot. Should they take back Winterfell she deserves absolutely zero respect, zero power, just nothing. One person has attempted to keep her alive and safe, who she threw away and now she's again ignorantly sending her away on a mission she came up with. Everything she says and does makes me want to punch her in the face.

Oh and as for surviving King's Landing, everyone there wanted her alive, she still managed to get herself in constant trouble and she had to be saved multiple times, from a situation she got herself into. How many lead characters had to work hard to save her life, the dog, Tyrion, Margaery and her grandmother. Sansa has a vagina, and a name, so almost everyone has an interest in keeping her alive, almost no one wanted her dead at any time and most were using her naivety/stupidity against her.
Well she was being constantly abused by Joff both mentally and physically. Tyrells wanted her married into their family too, but that wasn't a bad option for her at all really!

Doffs cap, that is a top quality rant sir! ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Loved Tormund's perve stare at Brienne and the eventual, "yes woman, I want you!" smile.

Be very interested to see how Bran and Meera get out of this sticky situation? I suspect I know having read the books despite them being behind but we'll see!

Edit: removed book spoiler - don't want to complicate thread!

book talk
I'm assuming you were going to mention cold hands...

I'm going to go with a different idea and say Uncle Benjen to the rescue

Last edited:
Soldato

If she wasn't just a stupid naive brat she wouldn't be talking about taking winterfell back, she'd be listening to Jon and looking to get away from trouble. It was her naive little crush on Little Finger that made her randomly choose to listen to him about marrying Ramsey then she blames Little Finger for her own situation. This was after she chose to believe Joffrey and ignore common sense and her own family, then she did the same with the shady and not at all trustworthy Little Finger.

What a load of rubbish. You are making a pointless argument that she is a young stupid girl, therefore should have no strong opinions or ideas. But by having strong opinions and ideas, she is demonstrating that she isn't actually a silly little girl anymore.

As for having a crush on Littlefinger, he was the only person to offer her any help in the situation she was it, he gave good advice and looked after her, and you criticise her for putting trust in him.

You don't seem to be able to process the fact that someone's character can change. Or you think it's happening too fast and is unearned, but how is she supposed to 'earn' it? Go to war herself? Well she's trying to do the closest thing to that at the moment by talking about taking Winterfell back, yet you criticise her for that. She was young and naive, she's been through some ****, and she's now come out the other side. Deal with it

Back
Top Bottom