Official E3 2016 thread.

Soldato
E3 2016 - June 14 - 16

e3-2016.png

E3 2016 press conference schedule (UK time)

Wednesday 08 June 2016
16:30: Square Enix

Sunday 12 June 2016
21:00: EA Play

Monday 13 June 2016
03:00: Bethesda
17:30: Microsoft
19:30: PC Gaming
21:00: Ubisoft

Tuesday 14 June 2016
02:00: Sony
17:00: Nintendo Treehouse Live

Wednesday 15 June 2016
No confirmed press events

Thursday 16 June 2016
No confirmed press events

Where to Watch

IGN
http://uk.ign.com/events/e3

YouTube
https://gaming.youtube.com/e3

Gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/

Confirmed Games
http://uk.ign.com/wikis/e3/Games_at_E3_2016

Last edited:
Associate
Hey, I remember that new Ghost Recon game Ubisoft showed off at the end of their conference last year. The open world one. That one looks cool. Oh and let's not forget that this year's E3 will have AMD doing PC Gaming again, with new hardware (Polaris + PSNEO).

Nintendo doesn't exist to me this E3 since they have nothing to show, I don't care about anything they might have to say on Pokemon or Zelda at this point, which is probably the only thing they really have going. They've shown that they don't want people to be excited for NX since they've said absolutely nothing about it. Though some might hope for some 'suprise' announcements. It's Nintendo... probably as predictable as ever (though there was once a time when I thought Nintendo's E3 segments were the best).

Microsoft could be interesting due to pushing out towards PC a bit more, I can imagine more Windows 10 with Xbox One functionality. Perhaps their E3 this year might finally convince me to buy and XB1? Not to mention Gears of War 4, which I wasn't expecting to care for before seeing the trailer this year. Maybe some more info on Forza Apex and how they're gunna monetize it (oh boy, get ready to be milked by micro-transactions)? Or Halo 5 forge on Windows 10 (there's a thread gathering tumbleweeds in the PC gaming section of this forum) which was also said to be a free release? Are MS going ham on free-to-play or something?

Oh and how can anyone forget... Bethesda weren't going to do a show this year, but now something has got them chaging their mind. It could be something new, but I know all I need from them is Dishonoured 2.

Sony seem to have gotten all their big releases out now, so this years E3 will probably show off the VR and PSNEO perhaps. Though I do hope for some nice exclusives to add to my list of PS4 games I need to buy. Just hopefully something with local co-op or splitscreen, the current PS4 library of such titles is pathetic. Gone are the good old PS2 days when most major releases would have some form of local multiplayer. It seems like currently most folks just have a second controller to use whn the first one runs out of battery. I'd like it to be more. Don't do what MS did with Halo 5, that's a bad trend.

No doubt EA will have some pointless segment where they get a sports personality or athlete to come in and bore us with that stuff in an attempt to market the yearly shovelware EA sports games. But hey at least they have Battlefield 1... if they could mess up Star Wars Battlefront, no doubt they can muck up this game too. I'm not getting my hopes up. I know some folks want to know about ME: Andromeda too.

But of course, the biggest news will no dobt be AMD launching new graphics cards, the same as they did last year at E3. Is this going to be a new trend with them?

Associate
Really looking forward to seeing more Horizon zero dawn, red dead 2 (fingers crossed as rockstar don't really do E3), mass effect Andromeda, PS NEO (more for info on what devs are allowed to do with it), maybe info on a new elder scrolls and maybe news of what rocksteady or the guys who made shadow of mordor are up to with SOM2.

Caporegime
Man mahius that felt as jaded as I normally am - few additions:

MS should unveil XO turning to dev kits, doubt its E3 worthy but ticks off that launch promise. I expect whatever is due within Win10 Anniversary update to do with gaming will be mentioned too. I guess that should be things like Cortana as well as other universal apps. Perhaps we will laugh/slap foreheads at UWP. Game wise Im not sure what they could have that we havent seen or expect (FH3). Oh and the Xbox Slim...

I doubt youll ever see spiltscreen gaming in a AAA title, hell consider how ignored linked play is so any couch co-op stuff is now pretty much dead apart from the exceptions to the rule.

Nintendo I dont really care about and I think the majority of the UK pretty much are the same looking how well they do here. No NX so expect Treehouse to be excellent as usual...

Sony I suspect might just trot out PSVR (no live demo I hope - hopefully actual proper games which PC VR is pretty much massively lacking) and PS4 Neo unveil (though that could turn up at Gamescom/PGW or even less likely TGS) and a fair few things they showed last E3. I expect SSMs new game (Norse GOW) but unsure if we will see more from the other studios that still havent hit PS4 (Bend and the like) and maybe thats it - they might just not do much with the 2 pieces of hardware to show off. KojiPro could turn up too...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
Man mahius that felt as jaded as I normally am

Hey, life happens (and makes us salty)... you've no idea how much I hate Nintendo these days buddy.

But thanks for reminding me about a few other things. Horizon Zero Dawn was an eye turner for Sony last year, maybe a release date for it? I doubt Kojima would turn up though, his studio is only just getting started on a game, so no doubt they have nothing to show and won't do for at least a year or 2. I also can't remember what happened to games like Cuphead and those few XB1 exclusives like Crackdown. Maybe more info on those? I hate how local multiplayer gaming is dying... it was the very thing that got me into video games.

Soldato
If we're being serious then I want to see some proper footage from Crackdown, Gears 4, Battlefield 1, TitanFall 2.
I actually want to see some IW MP just to see if it's going to be utter rubbish or not.
As somebody mentioned above; I'm looking forward to seeing DishonoUred 2.

Caporegime
Crackdown has a MP beta this summer no? So Im sure theyll show something to announce a date for that.

Cuphead has been revamped AFAIK from a boss attack game to one that has some platforming - to me thats a very good thing. Tiny studio trying to make something thats particularly time consuming so no wonder its slipped a few times...

You really should wonder where Below went too...

Caporegime
I don't think there will be any mention of PSneo at all. My crystal balls say it will be announced at a special event in Oct/Nov with the launch of PSVR and have immediately availability.

Caporegime
So looks like with the new MS rumours that aswell as XO Slim we will see a Chromecast device and a Apple TV device from them. Those seem pretty odds on to exist and show up at E3...

Also looks like Xbox as a platform is coming to PC and a XO Neo sometime next year...

Last edited:
Caporegime
So looks like with the new MS rumours that aswell as XO Slim we will see a Chromecast device and a Apple TV device from them. Those seem pretty odds on to exist and show up at E3...

Also looks like Xbox as a platform is coming to PC and a XO Neo sometime next year...

That stuff on GAF is a tales from the ass level of rubbish.

Caporegime
That stuff on GAF is a tales from the ass level of rubbish.
Well some of it seems legitimate in terms of E3, some stuff just seems like hopes and dreams. TBH I should have thrown it in that other thread but I just thought some of that will materialise at E3 (I only consider XO Slim and the streaming stuff as real things but kinda hope the Xbox as a platform like media centre on Win 10 is real - makes moving to PC a non-decision for me)

Caporegime
I think Ekim is spot on with what he said.

Well some of it seems legitimate in terms of E3, some stuff just seems like hopes and dreams. TBH I should have thrown it in that other thread but I just thought some of that will materialise at E3 (I only consider XO Slim and the streaming stuff as real things but kinda hope the Xbox as a platform like media centre on Win 10 is real - makes moving to PC a non-decision for me)

As above really.

Caporegime
Whose coverage do people stick with for E3 live stuff? I used to be a huge GameSpot fan but they went a bit downhill and I think I moved to GTTV with Geoff Keighley but that's gone now. I can't think of who I watched last year. Maybe it was IGN.

Back
Top Bottom