Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Man of Honour
OP
thats certainly a little random - shame its not a nice one :( there are a load of random things you can do with them though.

I got a few off square mile a couple of years back and stretched one over a frame, not got round to hanging it in the new study yet:

E2cvyHz.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Curious to see what you think of the decaf blend, keep meaning to try one.

just got my order through and having my first cup of decaf now - its not great, but also far from dialed in properly. Seems pretty bitter, lacking in any strong mouthfeel and pretty generic 'coffee' flavour - kind of reminds me of a nespresso :( I'll be trying it properly over the next couple of days, may even break out the filter and see how that works.

Caporegime
Rocket Espresso Cellini Evoluzione and the grinder is a Mazzer Mini-E "Type-A"

Pic (from when it was fresh out of the box):

cSk4UrLl.jpg

It's not the machine, it's definitely the oaf operating it. I can get the milk consistency just right. I just can't pour properly. It all goes pear shaped when I do the "wiggle" bit. :) I've fluked the odd cup that looks like I meant to do it but I can't do anything consistently.

Best (and only, never been repeated) cup:

OxnqwMMl.png.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
New artisan coffee shop in guildford discovered :D Surrey Hill roasters. Down the bottom of the high street on the same street as the Whiskey shop with the restaurants.

Elektra machine doing the business with a Mazzer Jolly and Mcap on grinding duties. Always gets interesting when you start talking to the barista and mention you have a Microcasa a leva...

Tried their Pitch Hill blend - really good double espresso, not a hint of bitterness compared to any high street espresso. Brought home some of their Hombry Hill blend for the MCAL tomorrow - roasted by Chris...

Tomorrow morning is going to be good fun :D

Soldato
Finally saw Seattle coffee Crew review of the Baratza Sette 270 seems like a nice aesthetic piece of kit, rapid grinding rate in particular (probably 4x the Rocky I use] although whether that gives more heat in the beans, the direct drop through of grind too (although maybe worm drives to provide that are long term reliability issue) unfortunately a bit esoteric for J Lewis so will be difficult to see one in flesh in CB postcode anyway
They now have an OSCAR II review too

Soldato
Any thoughts on the best bean to cup all in one machine.

I'd love the idea of my own grinder/machine etc etc but being realistic an all in one is my best option.

Budget is £300/£400 max.

Back
Top Bottom