Manchester folk, in ere

Soldato
Almost Famous if you love burgers - probably the best in town.

Cafe Beermoth, Port Street Beer House or any other standard NQ bar like Kosmonaut/Trof if you want good beer.

Home Sweet Home in NQ or RedBankCo in GQ for brunch.

Rudys in Ancoats or Dough in NQ for Pizza.

Eastern Bloc or Piccadilly Records in NQ if you like record shopping.

Associate
If you want none chain stuff go to the Northern Quarter which is near Piccadilly. Looks quite run down and industrial but has tonnes of good places to eat but mostly places to drink.

As mentioned Almost Famous, luck Lust Liquor & burn, SoLita, etc

If you are going further spinningfields/deansgate has quite a lot of choice.

There really is loads of choice but a lot of it is quite spread out, so you might be better off picking somewhere and heading to it, especially if you don't know Manchester.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
If you don't want to go far from the station you could go to Samsi http://www.samsi.co.uk/samsi-manchester.htm

http://www.rudyspizza.co.uk seriously good pizza and very affordable, can't keep out of the place at the moment. You have mentioned almost famous so would suggest solita as a burger alternative.

Port Street Beer House is the place for beer.

Quoted for truth.

There is also Dough in the NQ, and Koffeepot on Oldham Street but that's gone a bit meh lately.

Soldato
Manchesters alright as long as your ok dodging the homeless eastern europeans and druggies in picadilly gardens.
Northern quarters good plenty of bars and places to eat, you might need to grow a hipster beard and get a couple of sleeve tattoos to blend in though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Almost Famous is good, as is Home Sweet Home round the corner.

We ate here a couple of weeks ago, it was ok, i had the chicken and steak dish.

Another vote for the oasthouse, love the hanging kebabs and fit students everywhere :p

We had a couple of drinks here, the whole area is great now (Spinningfields), the oasthouse is always really busy especially when the sun is out. I never ate here though, maybe i'll have to try next week :)

I really like the alchemist in Spinningfields, they have some amazing cocktails there.

Another place i ate in Manchester which was nice was Gusto, I had a rib eye steak with truffle butter and wild mushrooms, it was tasty.

Associate
Northern Quarter

Almost Famous - Very Nice

Trof - Can be be good, but is also hit and miss(Very hipster beard, Macbook area)

Printworks
Usual places, Harvester (yuck), Prezzo (Nice), Nando's (chicken/)

Corn Exchange (Triangle)
Cubano - Awesome new Cuban place really really tasty
Gino De Campo's - Very nice Italian
Byron Burger - nuff said

Not sure about the rest here but they always seem to be packed with people eating

Else were
San Carolo's - £££££££ but OMG sooooo good
Moo - Amazing lol
red's true BBQ - Is actually ok i think.
Uncle Thomas's I think it's called? - Actually Quite Nice

Living room - Not my fav but most like it

The English Lounge - gastro Pub sort of place, personally I like it

The Angel Inn - Nice simple food, and great micro brewery beers as well to sample

The Marble Arch - See above I think personally

I may have missed a few but that's a quick whistle stop view.

Associate
Unfortunately spinningfields doesn't really have any grass left any more as they're building a pretty big building there. It's ruined the area in my opinion. I'm currently sat in the office looking out over the building site which used to be the lawn to sit on in good weather. :mad:

It's funny how this thread has descended into recommending places to have a big slap up meal on a Friday in the middle of the day.

Maccy, I'd stay away from the Arndale/Market Street/Piccadilly Gardens if you can. You'll most likely get drawn there by accident though. Almost Famous is a good shout for lunch followed by the MOSI.

Associate
Actually - you just jogged my memory.

There is a interesting little foodie market in the Arndale, back right corner isn't there?

Thats got some really obscure but decent market style food places?

Soldato
The Angel Inn - Nice simple food, and great micro brewery beers as well to sample

The Marble Arch - See above I think personally

How did I forget these! Both are two of my favourite pubs in the centre. Lots of local brews, craft ale/beer etc. Well worth a visit to both.

Soldato
Actually - you just jogged my memory.

There is a interesting little foodie market in the Arndale, back right corner isn't there?

Thats got some really obscure but decent market style food places?

Viet shack in the arndale food market is up there with one of my favourite places to eat,and it's won awards too :) they're looking at opening a proper one in NQ soon.

Back
Top Bottom