** AMD R290X NOW AVAILABLE & OVERCLOCKING REVIEW!! **

Associate
p.s i cant order bf4 versions as button is not there for preorder

They are only for people who put a deposit down a couple of weeks ago (for the moment anyway)

And these cards look pretty amazing.

But... does one beat my 7950 Xfire... will wait for some more reviews to see :p not that I'm looking to get this anytime soon anyway. But a great looking card at a better than expected price!

Associate
I hope nvidia start a price war so we get some nice deals around Christmas :D

The prices as they are though are good considering the performance, looking forward to seeing bf4 benches on release.

Permabanned
If you run an R290X at default it will run quietly between 85-90c, this is perfectly normal for this GPU and although hot, perfectly safe. However do be aware the GPU will throttle itself when it approaches 95c, the throttling seems very minimal, were talking less than 5%, but it does do it.

Are they the idle temperatures or load?

Soldato
Thank you for including a 1300mhz 780 Gibbo, that's made my decision to stay on my 780 a lot easier. The 290X does look great, the only negatives being heat and noise and limited overclocking. These cards, 290 / 290X / 780 / Titan are monsters. 20nm cards are just gonna be ridiculous tbh :p

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Are they the idle temperatures or load?

I'd be worried if those were idle temps :p

Personally i'd hold off until the inevatable 3rd party cooled versions turn up. I wouldn't want to live with those temps and all that noise.

If you're planning on watercooling though then BUY BUY BUY :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Right guys, I got some voltage control, so I've done a benchmark run at 1200MHz core and 6400MHz memory, gives quite a substancial boost in performance over the 1060MHz core and 6000Mhz benchmarks I did this week.

Check them out here:-

m7p4.jpg

vd9u.jpg

w3zu.jpg

qbls.jpg

ific.jpg

3h63.jpg

w8io.jpg

Such a damn quick card, this now places it ahead of the 1310MHz GTX 780 I included in the review in all test. :)

Back
Top Bottom