CS:GO Discussion

Associate
I've really lost faith in MM, given up trying to raise my rank past MGE now.

Had my first game on ESEA today, it was a loss but I had a lot more fun!

I tried playing ESEA ages ago and got stomped when i was MG2 before the rank nerf. How was it?

Has anyone played faceit?

I should be on from 9ish tonight i think, i'll add a couple of you. I usually queue with at least one other person who is MG1

Associate
I tried playing ESEA ages ago and got stomped when i was MG2 before the rank nerf. How was it?

I should be on from 9ish tonight i think, i'll add a couple of you. I usually queue with at least one other person who is MG1

We got rekt yeah but it is always better to play against higher opponents, I'm getting better comms from my team which is allowing me to push/support better for example, generally people are more friendly and less toxic, a far cry from MM.

Associate

we play faceit now full time, havent played steam mm for over a month so ive actually lost my steam rank lol

you are more than welcome to join us on faceit, add me : tedrodgers

just a hint incase some of you havent, it is well worth paying the supporter level sub on faceit. it lets you play in the 5vs5premium queue, which is only for people that have paid the sub. since realising you can joint he premium queue i dont think weve had anyone rage quit on either team, weve had various games go to overtime and double overtime which were brilliant to play in. its 2.99 a month if you pay for 6 months upfront, trust me, worth every penny to avoid the kids/quiters/russians :)

Associate
I must have been lucky over the weekend. I usually play with a group of people and we use voice in Discord, but I jumped in and solo queued for a few games through MM and each time got decent friendly people with good comms and were supportive and encouraging to each other even when someone messed up.

Associate
Going by my experience of playing d2 on mm is you must either be a hacker or a troll!! (I am joking by the way)
I like playing it on esea but avoid it at all costs on mm, never had a good experience on it in nearly 1k hours of play!

Associate
I don't like playing dust 2 but had a 15:15 draw on MM last night at MG2 on prime, i've noticed prime at MG1/MG2 so far have all been good games for me, good comms no ragers. Generally quite close as well

Associate
I presume MM is matchmaking?
Has anyone got a guide to the ranking system? as I haven't a clue what it's all about :p

I am in the same boat... used to play loads of CS pretty seriously thru all the beta and in to 1.6 then stopped.

Coming back to CS:GO everything is different ... you have ranks and matchmaking etc ....I used to just go on IRC for a pickup game and it would be nice and simple :confused:

I spent ages trying to work out why I couldnt silence my colt :D

Associate
I am in the same boat... used to play loads of CS pretty seriously thru all the beta and in to 1.6 then stopped.

Coming back to CS:GO everything is different ... you have ranks and matchmaking etc ....I used to just go on IRC for a pickup game and it would be nice and simple :confused:

Once you have are up to the right rank its even simpler to get a game you just press go. But you do have to play a bit first to get the xp or whatever to "qualify" for MM.

Soldato
I dont mind dust2 the map but it how it turns out on mm is torturous. It also has the highest fps and is most familiar to many people

In theory competitive is simpler then the old irc scrims. You just have to click a button and its all automatic, like the ultimate channel bot with everyones info.
The rank is a visible label for your previous game wins, every new account is presumed silver in their 1st comp game and the game tries to match that to make a close game.

The other rank visible all the time is just how many games or xp, experience you have in csgo. So hours clocks up in the menu screen but xp is from finishing deathmatch with 10 kills or whatever, killing bots even counts some. Slightly confusing this also has a picture

Join ocuk group, post your steam profile and/or add me as I play plenty entry level games

Just read this ELO guide maybe as he seems to be someone whose studied the system over a few years
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312582297

A new mode I saw was called execute, like retake 2.0

Back
Top Bottom