*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Soldato
Sharpy did you leave WS? I just logged in to transfer my mailbox stuff around after the season, didnt see you in clan but did see you in battle.net.

Nah still there, i was prob on PTR when you seen me playing and thats why you didnt see me on live servers. On PTR in clanless, just mucking around really.

Took a break at the end of S6 for some RL stuff and didnt really get past GR 84 on the monk on 1k odd paragon.

Im not convinced in the meta from PTR making it to live, was watching a stream for some of the ZE guys and they werte talking about some builds they had tested for 4 man which they never pushed for fear of them getting nerfed.

Monk EP (2 pc U6) support, Lon frenzy barb/pull, Raiment gen monk and HT garg wd sounds like a possibility.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Just started at the weekend and had a lot of fun with it. Got myself a monk up to paragon 55 so far, not sure to keep playing solo or start grouping. T4 seems to be teetering on the edge of my comfort zone in terms of speed and survivability. Still have a pair of level 16 boots because they have the double mystic ally bonus on them :D

Started a WD this afternoon, much prefer the monk.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Came across the ring set that does +100% dmg for each ancient item, then discovered I had 7 ancient items in my stash. Went from comfortably ploughing through T6 grifts in about 10mins to absolutely smashing them. When I find the other 4 ancients (assuming bracers and amulets can be ancient?) I can't see how it can get any better. But the wiki site shows green sets as the most commonly worn items for monks, and the ring set has about 1% usage.

Soldato
Came across the ring set that does +100% dmg for each ancient item, then discovered I had 7 ancient items in my stash. Went from comfortably ploughing through T6 grifts in about 10mins to absolutely smashing them. When I find the other 4 ancients (assuming bracers and amulets can be ancient?) I can't see how it can get any better. But the wiki site shows green sets as the most commonly worn items for monks, and the ring set has about 1% usage.

That ring set is usually for very specific non set legendaries. Afterall it was known as the no set set.

If your not trying to push to the limit it's a really fun way to experiment with different legendaries.

If your browsing builds using those rings look for LoN builds. Bombardment crusader and fan of knives Dh are more common ones which are high end game capable

Soldato

Yeah, I've got a few of these ring sets on a few of my characters with around 10 or 11 Ancient items (remember the rings can be ancient too, so 13 items total).
I think it depends on the class and the sets available. I think DH and Crusader are the ones that generally benefit most from the LoN builds. The others tend to use sets (greens).
Doesn't one of the Monk sets mean your charge attack does 12,500% damage and generators do 300% (+100% from 2-piece bonus, along with 25% increased attack speed)?
Compare that to 1,300% boost from the LoN build (although you'd also get 52% damage reduction).

I struggle to understand why that works out better for DHs than Unhallowed Essence which I think can give a 4000% damage boost to Multishot and Vengeance attacks. Something I plan to try if I can get 10+ Ancient DH items (or at least Dexterity based).

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Yeah I didn't really take into account how damaging that 12500% really is. Tried it out after realising I'd hit a wall with the ancient set. It's mental to play if you can perma dash.
Also crazy to build around as you need very high RCR and CDR to sustain perma dash. I dunno if it's the set, but I had extremely low damage and toughness all round after enchanting for RCR and CDR and then the 12500% still wasn't good enough for anything above T5.

I built a set around Uliana's and ended the evening on a few successful solo TX runs, but it was slow. If I can work some more damage into the set then it's viable. I'd really like to get another Sunwoku piece and try that set out though. Other monks using that are just smashing packs before I even get in range for a 7 sided strike.

Soldato
Yeah I didn't really take into account how damaging that 12500% really is. Tried it out after realising I'd hit a wall with the ancient set. It's mental to play if you can perma dash.
Also crazy to build around as you need very high RCR and CDR to sustain perma dash. I dunno if it's the set, but I had extremely low damage and toughness all round after enchanting for RCR and CDR and then the 12500% still wasn't good enough for anything above T5.

I built a set around Uliana's and ended the evening on a few successful solo TX runs, but it was slow. If I can work some more damage into the set then it's viable. I'd really like to get another Sunwoku piece and try that set out though. Other monks using that are just smashing packs before I even get in range for a 7 sided strike.

If you want to make Ulianas fast then use In-geom as one of your fist weapons (replacing lions claw), and get Madstone in the cube.

This means you can dash around with no cooldown in between elite kills, and the madstone means you can apply EP instantly with just a seven sided strike.

It makes it fast but still nowwhere near wave of light speed

Soldato
OP
Nice "pocket guide" giving the main highlights for Season 7:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/4usn2f/season_7_pocket_guide/

In case you're at work I've added the highlights below but the spreadsheet is worth checking out as it has lots more information in other tabs.

What's new?

Important changes
- New difficulty levels, Torment XI-XIII
- Knockbacks now apply a flat 40% increase to crowd control resistances
- Monsters cannot be knocked back if they are over 65% crowd control resistant
- Socketing a Topaz into your helm will now provide Resource Cost Reduction rather than Magic Find.
- The Skeleton King will now drop Leoric's Crown beginning at Level 5 (Campaign)
- Some of the Experience earned in a Greater Rift has been shifted from killing monsters to the reward for closing the rift.
- Pylons in Nephalem Rifts now have unique minimap icons
- Twisters (excluding those created with the Wicked Wind rune) will now despawn if they stop moving

Other changes
- Some items have been reworked
- Some skills have been reworked
- Droprates for GR keys and Infernal Machines have been adjusted

D3K

D3K

Soldato
If you want to make Ulianas fast then use In-geom as one of your fist weapons (replacing lions claw), and get Madstone in the cube.

This means you can dash around with no cooldown in between elite kills, and the madstone means you can apply EP instantly with just a seven sided strike.

It makes it fast but still nowwhere near wave of light speed
Tried out wave of light build tonight. It's a shame sweeping wind and dash share the same group. It's crazy fast indeed just limited by mobility, even at 45% run speed.

Got through a 65 grift by the skin of my teeth. Need to work on resists. Maybe dodge too.

Soldato
Tried out wave of light build tonight. It's a shame sweeping wind and dash share the same group. It's crazy fast indeed just limited by mobility, even at 45% run speed.

Got through a 65 grift by the skin of my teeth. Need to work on resists. Maybe dodge too.

if you mean they are on the same skill page remember theres a setting in options called "elective mode" make sure this is ticked, it means you can choose multiple skills from the same group and allows you to freely rearrange the skills placed on your bar

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/diablo-3/Elective_Mode

Soldato
if you mean they are on the same skill page remember theres a setting in options called "elective mode" make sure this is ticked, it means you can choose multiple skills from the same group and allows you to freely rearrange the skills placed on your bar

This is probably a light bulb moment for this guy :D

In other news season is close now, will be there at the start for sure, unless some kind of disaster stops me!

D3K

D3K

Soldato

Mother of... I new about the setting, I just assumed it allowed you to rearrange your 1-4 keys, not mix n match!

This is probably a light bulb moment for this guy :D

Maybe. See above :D

Means I can now do uliana dungeon. I thought they'd messed up the monk skills last patch and rendered it almost impossible without being able to use cyclone and 7 together.

In other news season is close now, will be there at the start for sure, unless some kind of disaster stops me!

Are there any benefits to seasons other than competitiveness?

Soldato
that first week or so of a new season is always the best time in the game for me, theres something about that fresh toon starting from level1 and getting geared up which is still a major hook in the game for me.

The longer a season drags on the less engaging it becomes for me but that initial week or 2 is gaming crack.

Soldato
[GSV]Lemming;29857449 said:
Is the extra stash tab just temporary for the season, or do you keep it after? If so maybe I will do a season.

It is permanent once you unlock it you have it for season and none season :). IIRC

If i am mistaken then it is instead once the season ends it gets moved to your none season but im sure once you open it for season it opens on ns.

You need to earn the stash tab by following the season journey quite deeply.

Back
Top Bottom