The Division: Share Your Build Thread

Man of Honour
Iirc my dps went from 240k to 257k when I rolled it on my ar, so not as huge as fc's which was 50k when i equipped that, again this is from memory not screenies so may not be entirely accurate.

Just tested it, and your figures back up mine.

Swift boosts your overall DPS by 8% ish.

Unmodded test weapon SASG 12 ;

With Swift - DPS 93569
No Swift - DPS 86522

Last edited:
Soldato
Hopefully a simple answer, for the life of me I can't unlock weapon talents.....because I don't have enough 'points' (or whatever :D).
Firearms is 3000 maybe, Health around 2100, Electronics 1200 maybe.
To unlock a lot of the talents they all have to be above 2500 (I think)
Which is strange as my GS is 250 (most of what I'm wearing is high 268 gear).......(DPS 195k Tough 515k Skill 22k)

Just thought I should easily be unlocking this stuff at this stage of the game?
If I switch out gear (again 268 stuff) I can't even get close to unlocking the talents :(

are they firearms/stamina/electronics locked? The numbers relate to those numbers, not your GS.

I cant see how anything would be stam locked based on your toughness, but maybe firearms and electronics locked.

Post some screenshots of the weapons in question so we can see

Soldato
I'll post some pics later once I'm on.
Probably electronics locked. Just seems strange to be this deep into the game (that's why I mentioned GS) to be that 'high of a player' yet I can't unlock weapon talents.
Didn't know if there was something I was missing, rather than just the wrong item.

Guess I need to build a DPS or a Tanktician, I've always gone for broadness. I'm 195k DPS but still feel weak (to me).

Caporegime
Just tested it, and your figures back up mine.

Swift boosts your overall DPS by 8% ish.

Unmodded test weapon SASG 12 ;

With Swift - DPS 93569
No Swift - DPS 86522

sounds about right. Its not a massive difference.

I'll post some pics later once I'm on.
Probably electronics locked. Just seems strange to be this deep into the game (that's why I mentioned GS) to be that 'high of a player' yet I can't unlock weapon talents.
Didn't know if there was something I was missing, rather than just the wrong item.

Guess I need to build a DPS or a Tanktician, I've always gone for broadness. I'm 195k DPS but still feel weak (to me).

Its not strange at all.

The talents have requirements that correspond to the type of talent it is. For example, the talents that outright increase damage (brutal and deadly for example) have only a firearms requirement. Firearms is the stat that dictates how much damage you do.

Skill based talents that recharge your skill power require electronics (eg talented) If you're running a DPS based build you'll have lots of firearms and some stamina and hardly any electronics. Likewise if you're running a skill build you'll have electronics (in theory) and no firearms.

You really need your talents to synergize with what type of build you've created for your character. This game heavily draws upon the RPG elements from other games in the genre and you really need spreadsheets and a head for maths to keep on top of all this stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers guys, yeah this is my first venture into a game like this, so still learning lots even this deep into the game.
Didn't realize you could re-roll talents from a gun ( I thought only ones you had a blue print for).
I'll check later and see what I can do :)

Associate
What is the best gear set pieces to run with 4 Reclaimers and 4 Sentrys?

Looking at putting a couple of builds together in the morning.

4 reclaimers it depends, I think a lot go for reclaimers as a support so run 2 tac generally with fairly high skill power (46kish?).

4 sentry I've not heard of anyone running, generally if your going sentries its the full 5 piece & either reckless chest, vigorous chest with booster shot, or savage gloves.

Soldato
4 reclaimers it depends, I think a lot go for reclaimers as a support so run 2 tac generally with fairly high skill power (46kish?).

4 sentry I've not heard of anyone running, generally if your going sentries its the full 5 piece & either reckless chest, vigorous chest with booster shot, or savage gloves.

Only exception is a 4 sentry 2 tac, for a high skill based sentry build for marking. I like the thought in that build, very interesting.

Associate
Clipsey - you need to balance gear and recalibrate for max,eg. if mask can have 758 firearms you better recalibrate close to that,lets say 735-740
Gear mods is very important as well as they can help you with that,good gear mods are very big help.
Equip gear you want and look where you short,then recalibrate.
Make sure you have 5354 armor,as this is the 75% mitigation value,try to get this without help of mods,then you can put mods in and see where you short.
Im bad at explaining (English is not my primary lang) so im sure there are guys who explain better.

Soldato
OP
What is the best gear set pieces to run with 4 Reclaimers and 4 Sentrys?

Looking at putting a couple of builds together in the morning.

Seems I jumped the gun with the Sentry build, only have 240(2) B/Pack, would be nice to get a 268. Vest, gloves and mask are 268, so need to get another(better) holster and pads, to give me more options. Got plenty of FM gear and decent savage gloves and vig vests.

The same for the AB build, seems I have duplicates for the same 3. Gloves, vest or holster would help.

Ah well, more DM 4 HM farming. :D

Soldato
07vg9awh.jpg

Tanktician meta is over if you have a good AB set.

Momo took me down with this build in one mag and he is AB, whereas 9 other dudes just about got me down with explosive rounds and tactical link lol!

I think they were sentry as I was getting the marks

EDIT: I haven't used this set in ages as I prefer Sentry and AB but its fun to run sometimes :) Also, if you are this role, get the Black market SASG shotty - makes you able to do dmg lol

I sold my reclaimer gear as it was all junk and will be collecting again for a support reclaimer. But I am happy with my tactician, sentry and AB builds for the time being

Last edited:
Caporegime
Reclaimer+SP (2xTA) build and at Armor cap;

Tom_Clancy_s_The_Division_2016_7_28_13_22_5.png

Still tweaking, need some better Stam+Skill mods tbh, get it closer to 500k Toughness :)

Pretty strong Sm Cover and I max out the Healing pack rate on all of them (5000 HP/sec) :cool:

Get 289k DPS when using SC buff, which still allows me to pack a punch (esp when giving me and the group non-stop explosive bullets combined with the pack skill cooldown). The Ammo pack gives a 50% Skill cooldown boost, 30% for Signiture skill. Also speeds up cooldown of Consumables, which I wasn't expecting! Love it, and gives some good support :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Seems I have a full set of Sentry, with only 2 items rolled. Will have a play around tomorrow and see what I can do with them. Could probably do with a better rolled Savage gloves and Vig vest. But it's a work in progress, with room for improvement.

Soldato
OP
I'm upto 420k Toughness now with a little tweaking. I hope to be closer to 500 than 400 in a week. Touch more SP too, pushing 43/44k :)

My Tac build has about 150k DPS, 540K Toughness and 40k Skill. Looking at dropping the Toughness to about 500k and get the Skill up a bit more. If I can get the DPS up, that would be a bonus.

Soldato
My Tac build has about 150k DPS, 540K Toughness and 40k Skill. Looking at dropping the Toughness to about 500k and get the Skill up a bit more. If I can get the DPS up, that would be a bonus.

For a 4 piece tactician build, there is no point in taking sp over 30-35 k as the buff doubles that to 60-70k which is over every single cap.

That is why my tac build has 30k sp, which allowed me to get 717k toughness, fully buffed 717k and 60k sp.

Soldato
OP
For a 4 piece tactician build, there is no point in taking sp over 30-35 k as the buff doubles that to 60-70k which is over every single cap.

That is why my tac build has 30k sp, which allowed me to get 717k toughness, fully buffed 717k and 60k sp.

Thanks for that. In that case, I can remove a couple of Electronic mods and replace with Stamina/Armour, can easily get over 600+k Toughness.

Just need to work on my Sentry, Reclaimer, Alphabridge and Deadeye builds. Thanks to DN farming, the gear pieces are coming thick and fast.
Still have the weekly Incursions to do on all 4 Alts.

Back
Top Bottom