We happy few.

Soldato
Had this on my radar for a while and like the bioshock feel of it. I wont be buying early access, but will be looking at the steam reviews to see if its any good and buy when its properly released if it is.

I have a feeling the world is going to be a bit empty and lack atmosphere, just going by some of the videos I have seen. Hopefully they add more and more to it and bring it alive before its released.

Soldato
Watched some gameplay, looks poor, lots of pop in, towns seem kinda empty. NPC's just seemto be saying the same thing over and over.
Looks to be very well designed and well realized but lacks abit of substance. Just surface thoughts based on first impressions from gameplay.

Soldato
Buying into Space Engineers, How to Survive 2 and 7dTD made me realise that an Early Access game has the potential to be great fun.

Alas with the launch price of this one I'm going to give it a miss. Not suggesting that its potential to be a great game will not be realised but I feel it is too much to pay for what it offers just yet.

It will remain on my Steam wishliost.

Some of the negative reviews aren't that promising...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/320240/discussions/0/360670708774080240/

but I'm hopeful that they will balance out as the game develops.

How people can post a credible review with 0.4 hrs of play time I'm not sure. There should be a minimum play period before a review could be submitted, unless stability / technical issues are preventing play.

Associate
I've been recycling some steam credit I have atm, trying out some games before I buy No Man's Sky. Just gave Subnautica a spin & was almost tempted to keep it. Certainly going to keep an eye on it's development now.

I'll try this one next. I'm sure it will have plenty of shortfalls, it is early access after all - but I enjoyed Contrast & Bioshock & this game looks particularly demented so might be interesting :D

Soldato
This looks like it'll get very dull very quickly. I agree with the comment about Bioshock being enough and not wanting more of the same style as I don't think it'd live up to it.

Also don't like the yellow tinge everywhere, it'd drive me nuts.

Lulz at early access! I never understand the point in games that aren't sandbox style.

Permabanned

Not sure how they can review it as its an alpha build. It clearly states at the beginning that the world has barely any NPC's yet and no story other than the intro yet this is their biggest fault?

Yes its for sale now but I see these alpha releases as a way to pick up the game for cheaper and to get a sneak peak

Soldato
Buying into Space Engineers, How to Survive 2 and 7dTD made me realise that an Early Access game has the potential to be great fun.

Alas with the launch price of this one I'm going to give it a miss. Not suggesting that its potential to be a great game will not be realised but I feel it is too much to pay for what it offers just yet.

It will remain on my Steam wishliost.

Some of the negative reviews aren't that promising...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/320240/discussions/0/360670708774080240/

but I'm hopeful that they will balance out as the game develops.

How people can post a credible review with 0.4 hrs of play time I'm not sure. There should be a minimum play period before a review could be submitted, unless stability / technical issues are preventing play.

Stand corrected with my post, I didn't see that the poor reviews were being hidden, or at least didn't show up on the store front page.

But I do agree that reviewing after only half an hours play time is also not a very credible review either.

Soldato
looks like bioshock :D
Looks like Clockwork Orange to me :p

Clockwork_orangeA.jpg

Well the bits I have noticed at least :)

Associate
^ it really does look like a hybrid of both 'A clockwork Orange' and 'Bioshock', why did a single player focused story game release on early access? I don't get it.

Either way, when hits full release I'll be all over this

Soldato
OP
So did Sir you are being hunted, but admittedly that is £8 cheaper and quite a bit further through the Early Access journey.

I'll keep an eye on this for now still I think, bodes well that the devs are very active on Steam. 2-3 posts a week with regular updates.

Back
Top Bottom