***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Pff they always add summat new when my PC is in bits, guess i better get it stuck back together tonight.

This game looks so damn good in 4k, feels like a bigger upgrade than it was when i went from 1080 to 1440p. Have been playing backthrough single player again now ive upgraded again, the first time i played through i only had 7950s so it looks a fair bit better now :)

Soldato
I lost a few million yesterday, i restarted GTA right after i did a back deposit and when i relogged the money was gone. Just thought i better warn you guys so ya dont do the same.

Associate
Managed to transfer my Xbox online player over to PC yesterday :), but didn't get any time to play :(.

Is there a way (options menu, or config file) to change the field of view when in a car?? I find it really narrow.

Underboss
OP
Really enjoying these new races, even the trolling and spinning people out is fun.

Full lobby races are chaos!

Most enjoyable, for those who know me and my hatred of being nudged in GTAO this is very odd that I am enjoying it so much.

Soldato
Managed to transfer my Xbox online player over to PC yesterday :), but didn't get any time to play :(.

Is there a way (options menu, or config file) to change tthe field of view when in a car?? I find it really narrow.

In settings there are two options. Camara and display. One of them has a vehicle field of view slider. It's far from great though. You can get a mod to change it but that will get you a ban if you go online....

I lost a few million yesterday, i restarted GTA right after i did a back deposit and when i relogged the money was gone. Just thought i better warn you guys so ya dont do the same.

Open a ticket dude. That is not right at a all.

Really enjoying these new races, even the trolling and spinning people out is fun.

Full lobby races are chaos!

Most enjoyable, for those who know me and my hatred of being nudged in GTAO this is very odd that I am enjoying it so much.

Yep, even I am into lobby racing now. They are utter chaos. Lol however was accused of cheating when I won plunge in my RE 7B by 20 seconds.. :( they do need to fix that car.
However if you keep race clean, no screetching round corners etc, majority don't get a sniff of. a win. Also T20... ;)

Soldato
As much as i dont like racing, i did enjoy a couple of races i had yesterday, i could only manage 3 but i actually won the muscle car one, the other 2 i just kept getting smashed off the road by other drivers so i stood no chance.

Soldato
Maybe I've just got REALLY bad at this game, but most of the races I've had lately I have noticed people get WAYYYY far ahead, even if I'm driving without making any mistakes. If it's not cheating, then it may be a custom car thing, although it seems rather unfair that they can pull out such an insurmountable lead. :(

Underboss
OP
Dropped a clanger last night,

Didn't remove the dinput8.dll (native trainer for SP) file from my GTAV folder before booting up the game. Got into online spent 2mins in there before it crashed (due to the dinput8.dll).

Had an email this morning from R* saying about a EULA violation and a ban, I get that I had game files in the root that could be seen to show me as an online modder etc

Anyone know how long/which bits I will be banned from? I've never had this before.

Lesson to all, make sure you either use a mod manager, remove the file or face a possible temp(?) ban from GTAO.

Feel like a total idiot now, was enjoying the online races.

Soldato
IF your not using the fastest custom car available you will stand little chance, just see what cars the winners are using regularly and try to copy them. On a muscle car race everyone was just using their random muscle cards, i choose a bennies sabre custom, it asolutely smoked them on the straights.

Is anyone still using sweet FX btw? I would like to give it a go now im 4k but i dont wanna risk been banned, i heard they cracked down and banned loads of people using sweet FX, but it could just be BS.

Soldato
IF your not using the fastest custom car available you will stand little chance, just see what cars the winners are using regularly and try to copy them. On a muscle car race everyone was just using their random muscle cards, i choose a bennies sabre custom, it asolutely smoked them on the straights.

Is anyone still using sweet FX btw? I would like to give it a go now im 4k but i dont wanna risk been banned, i heard they cracked down and banned loads of people using sweet FX, but it could just be BS.

Definitely bs. I've been (and everybody I know) using sweetfx from day 1 with not a single problem.

Soldato
Dropped a clanger last night,

Didn't remove the dinput8.dll (native trainer for SP) file from my GTAV folder before booting up the game. Got into online spent 2mins in there before it crashed (due to the dinput8.dll).

Had an email this morning from R* saying about a EULA violation and a ban, I get that I had game files in the root that could be seen to show me as an online modder etc

Anyone know how long/which bits I will be banned from? I've never had this before.

Lesson to all, make sure you either use a mod manager, remove the file or face a possible temp(?) ban from GTAO.

Feel like a total idiot now, was enjoying the online races.

2 weeks at first offense it would seem

That is correct. Only GTAO your are banned from, you can still play SP no issue. You ban date is shown when you first go into Single player.

Yep, their anti cheat has evolved pretty well with regards trainers and files in the root. They are also good at money drops and RP hacks... however they are no good against external hacks which seem to the the preferred choice for non paid for menus.... However I have not encountered a modder for a while now... Just douche bags in race cars... :p

Underboss
OP
Yeah I am very annoyed at myself for not using a mod manager, just totally forgot to remove the dinput file.

Oh well I'll ride the ban safe in the knowledge I didn't hack or money drop etc!

Associate
Is anyone on tonight that fancies a heist or race?

I rarely play online as I've not completed single player yet and don't have a mic (unless the xbox one works in my xbox controller on pc?) not sure if that matters?

Back
Top Bottom