Overwatch

Soldato
I'm back to rank 50 again :D after two cracking games last night. Was with a random I added as a friend a while ago who had previously been hesitant to play competitive with me (read: expected I would be bad a a sub rank 50 player but was too polite to say, he's rank 57)

I was the worst ranked person in both games by a good 5 levels but not only were the games really good and felt very close and balanced, I think I did fairly well (one game mostly as Reaper with 3 golds, one as Lucio where I think I also pulled my weight.)

It's amazing what a difference there is in the general knowledge of the game and how much better things are at rank 55+ compared to the sub-50 ranks (based on these games)

Soldato
Me and two mates now at 62, 66 and 70. I'm 62 but solo queued a lot and won about 4/20 games so that hurt my ranking somewhat :D. We play tank and 2 support and feel like actually make a difference to the result of the game. Went 7-2 last night so still doing well...

Finding it really fun again now though I feel McCree is a touch too strong at the moment. He did need buffing but think he's going too far. Only criticism is that the comp is pretty much fixed now to: Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Lucio and McCree then Dva/Zarya and one of Tracer/Genji/Reaper. Lot of heroes not used...

Caporegime
Me and two mates now at 62, 66 and 70. I'm 62 but solo queued a lot and won about 4/20 games so that hurt my ranking somewhat :D. We play tank and 2 support and feel like actually make a difference to the result of the game. Went 7-2 last night so still doing well...

Finding it really fun again now though I feel McCree is a touch too strong at the moment. He did need buffing but think he's going too far. Only criticism is that the comp is pretty much fixed now to: Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Lucio and McCree then Dva/Zarya and one of Tracer/Genji/Reaper. Lot of heroes not used...

I dunno, I see lots of Winstons, Soldier 76's, Mercys, Symettra (Sometimes that teleporter can make or break holding a point)

I do think it depends on the map.

Soldato
Playing with other people is way better than solo queuing, which is something I have done since release.

Grouped up with a couple of randoms that I met playing competitive (we won) and proceeded to play several games for the rest of the evening. We won a few and lost koth on Ilios despite being 2-0 up :o

We then had an epic match on Hanamura, where we had a leaver in the first round. We soldiered on and the match somehow went on for 6 rounds (?!), which we narrowly lost.

All in all, I will be seeking out groups more often, just a shame none of my friends play.

If you're not shy and use a microphone, more than welcome to join us. We normally have a full premade, but I'm the letdown in the group and rarely play in the evenings. So no doubt I could introduce you to the group for you to play in a full team? It can get a bit strict but you simply need to listen to the callouts, callout your self and switch out when needed.

Soldato
I dunno, I see lots of Winstons, Soldier 76's, Mercys, Symettra (Sometimes that teleporter can make or break holding a point)

I do think it depends on the map.

It depends on the skill level too. When I was on the way up from 51 after decimating my ranking solo queuing would see a bit more variety but as you go up it becomes quite fixed...

Soldato
McCree is a bit wonky but other than that it's fairly balanced coz stuff is strong against certain other things but that's the type of game it is.

Main thing that's 'broken' is roadhogs hook but you barely see him now

Caporegime
Just got an 80mb update

HERO BALANCE UPDATES

Ana
Biotic Rifle
Rate of fire increased by 20%
Magazine size increased from 8 to 10

Developer Comments: While Ana has been very well received, she was showing to be a little bit weaker overall. In addition to helping her feel better to play, these changes should also increase her healing and damage output.

McCree
Peacemaker
Primary Fire
Damage falloff range decreased by 10 meters
Damage falloff amount is unchanged
As a result, even with this change, McCree’s effective range is still higher than it was at launch
Alternate Fire
Rate of fire increased by 15%
Flashbang
Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree can fire again) decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.35 seconds

Developer Comments: McCree’s latest range increase helped him quite a bit, but it was a bit too much in the right hands. This change weakens his long range damage somewhat, but still keeps it stronger than it has been in the recent past. The other changes combine to allow him to land more alternate fire shots on targets that he has hit with Flashbang.

BUG FIXES

Heroes
Targets of Ana’s Sleep Dart will no longer instantly recover when damaged (recovery time is now 0.5 seconds)

User Interface
Fixed UI compatibility issues for ATI cards
Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Lúcio, Mei, and other models to only partially render (or disappear)

Associate
I personally really like the balance of this game. There are so many inherent variables with it being six on six with such a diverse range of characters that I'm surprised it feels so good... but they have done it.

It's not perfect, but its more than good enough. And they keep on tweaking it to make it better. Thumbs up.

Associate
Had a few nice games last night with some folks from on here, found via the list from a page back - apologies for not having a working mic for part of it, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself zooming about as Lucio (and getting squashed a lot). Cheers!

Soldato
Blizzard know their stuff.

They don't for a lot of this stuff and it's not their fault, it's very hard to balance a game and their changes to WoW classes being never ending means it's never balanced, ever. You just go through the motions of flavour of the month/expansion. Remember when they thought they could pull off Diablo 3 PVP? I instantly, that second knew nope, it can't work don't be stupid, why did you even think that would work and put effort in to it?!

Also, most of the changes are community requests.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well Ana is definitely better now. Randomly unlocked an epic skin for her, so I used her for the second time ever (attacking on Hanamura) and managed to get both spray achievements associated with her in one game!

I was the sole healer as well, but I still think Lucio is better.

Back
Top Bottom