i need a game........

Associate
As above.
i played wow then progressed to eve online but got sick of getting owned by hardcore pvp'ers, i am mainly a solo player due to real life work hours etc. Recently tried x-rebirth but kind of bored with that, moved onto hearts of iron 4 which i find kind of pre defined on how to progress and no real grip to it, tried stellaris but that does not hold my attention. I am currently stuck in limbo waiting for "battlefield 1" this looks quite good.

So in the meantime what can you suggest i try that is similar to above games, something that requires strategy and thinking, i like to shoot,build and make money

cheers

Soldato
Elite dangerous? Bit like eve but no real problems with pvp (big old galaxy). Flying about is nicer too. Very much a make your own story kind of game, but there is a lot of in game lore if you choose to get involved with it. It does eventually plateau once you get up to the big ships and you have to grind a bit but you'll be no stranger to that from Wow. Can be played solo or in a wing of 4 squad mates.

Soldato
What about a decent single player game? Witcher 3, nothing like you want, but it can really suck you in fast.

Or try planetary annihilation. As for No Mans Sky, I'm not a fan and think it will fall flat on it's face, so I wouldn't recommend it until it's out personally.

Associate
I would say Star Citizen sounds like it's up your alley, but it's definitely not finished and maybe 3-6 months away from hitting the minimum level of being enough to be counted as a fully featured fun game rather than just an alpha. It is though a lot of fun, probably the best space sim yet in terms of flying and fighting and visually stunning even in it's early form.

Elite is good, but I find it a bit boring, and I'm hacked off with how expensive it is for earlyish beta players that forked out £50 and still having to pay for the yearly "yeah we didn't actually finish the game" updates. But it's criminal flaw is I don't actually enjoy the combat or flying, their choice of design for that is a little slow and clunky even on "fast" ships as compared to SC which still has physics based movement, but tweaked to make it like WWII dogfighting which isn't realistic, but it's super fun.

I'm really enjoying the total warhammer game, and Witcher 3 was awesome. For something fun, but again not finished Subnautica sucked a lot of hours recently. The current humble bundle has some good stuff in it like Civ 5 and Mafia II, might be worth grabbing that.

Soldato
Have a look at X3: Terran Conflict, its nothing like Rebirth (which is just awful and hated by most x players).
Its a great game and well worth loosing many many hours too :)

Back
Top Bottom