Vac ban

Associate
hey guys i got a vac ban over 2000+ days ago i got my steam acount hacked and once i got my account back my game which was COD MW2 had been vac banned i msg setam support but all they said was vac bans never get liffted but im sure they can see when and were my accout got hacked is there any thing i can do to get it liffted, im not bothered about the game they can keep that just want it removed off my profile

Soldato
No... if you hack you get banned simple. Besides this steam is pretty much un hackable due to steam guard. They don't care if you say you have or haven't been hacked because it would be beyond easy to run a VPN whilst hacking to modify your location.

Associate
OP
no i was hacked and i got steam to get my account back so they know it was hacked they change evey thing on my account i.e my name, email and password

Associate
OP
no my email didnt get hacked but they change it on steam so i couldnt get it back an my password , I contacted Steam and they gave it back to me and like i said i still got the logs to that

this ban is 6-7 years old

Soldato
no my email didnt get hacked but they change it on steam so i couldnt get it back an my password , I contacted Steam and they gave it back to me and like i said i still got the logs to that

this ban is 6-7 years old

There is and was no way 6-7 years ago to get onto someones steam account with having access to their email due to steam guard unless you specifically disabled this......

Because they could not get onto the account this way there is no way they could have changed the email OR got steam to change it over the phone. So im confused.

Soldato
There is and was no way 6-7 years ago to get onto someones steam account with having access to their email due to steam guard unless you specifically disabled this......

Because they could not get onto the account this way there is no way they could have changed the email OR got steam to change it over the phone. So im confused.

Incorrect.

But no, OP, you've no chance of getting it lifted!

Soldato
Wasn't it implemented at the early 2011 point? Putting him well into the time frame of having guard.

Yeah it was around that time, however there have been a few vulnerabilities to circumvent Steam guard / 2 step login via email code etc.

A couple of my friends have been the target, another actually did receive a VAC ban whilst their account was hijacked but was subsequently removed a couple of weeks later (without even trying to dispute it!)

Associate
OP
when this all happened i didnt have steam guard on my account well i dont think i did like i said this is along time ago

Soldato
You've really just got no chance because it was so long ago.
Steam support are useless at the best of times.

Only way to have a clean profile is a new account now and tbh, having been a server admin across many games as well as just a general visitor to a steam profile, I'd not take a VAC ban from 2000+ days ago into consideration - so I personally don't see the issue.

Associate
OP
You've really just got no chance because it was so long ago.
Steam support are useless at the best of times.

Only way to have a clean profile is a new account now and tbh, having been a server admin across many games as well as just a general visitor to a steam profile, I'd not take a VAC ban from 2000+ days ago into consideration - so I personally don't see the issue.

its just embarrassing having it on my account

Back
Top Bottom