I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Associate
ojvH0k7.jpg
7z4sW4n.jpg

It's not 100% finished yet, I will be weathering it as well but I'm not super happy with how it turned out. Even though I sanded, primed and painted multiple layers the paint looks messy. Maybe I'm just picky.

Decided not to paint the aluminium barrel/handle I think it looks ok sanded with fine sandpaper.

But that's the reboot Ghostbusters Proton Wand.

Associate
Nice looking Proton Pack there TheLegendOfMart.
Been busy, put together a RC car from Thingverse. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1193309

Used some Flexable PLA from Rigid.ink for the tyres, took some time to get the settings right, but with the new updated Splic3r and firmware from Prusa helped a lowt.

Just need to test here out now.

Also something practical. Had a zoom lens in work that was missing some part, it had been butchered by someone at some point. No its got fully working focus on here.

Soldato
Someone at work printed a Christmas nutcracker soldier, so to outdo them, I'm currently printing a T rex in HIPS on our Zortrax M300 at the highest quality settings (20 hours in, 13 to go):

IMG_20161223_120600b_zpsftmaf5y0.jpg

Associate
33 hours to print? wow that's a while.

Been wanting to get a 3d printer for ages now but haven't really been able to justify it. Although there are some items on Thingverse I wouldn't mind getting printer for my Vive...

Associate
33 hours to print? wow that's a while.

Been wanting to get a 3d printer for ages now but haven't really been able to justify it. Although there are some items on Thingverse I wouldn't mind getting printer for my Vive...

:), You should check out the D-Bot thread. I see another member of the OcUK 3d printer club coming, lol.

Associate
oMYRBiH.jpg

I am consistently impressed what a £195 clone printer can do. It's probably not that impressive but I watched this print the first layer and just went to check the infill and it is going down to clean and smooth, I know the skirt is a bit messed up I was dialling in the bed level while it printed.. I really don't see the difference between what I print and what other people print with Ultimakers, etc.. the experience of using an expensive printer is probably better but I can't really fault the print or build quality of the Malyan M150.

Back
Top Bottom