Steep

Soldato
OP
I don't think there's any weather, not in the beta anyway.

It's running on Snowdrop (the Division engine) so will have some nice visual capabilities, probably a gameplay decision rather than anything.

Had a quick blast. I like the variety of being able to switch sports. Nice game to just stick on, bang on some spotify playlists and mess around.

Pretty hard the tricks though, timings are very tight.

Associate
I gave up after 5 minutes of crash landing (using wingsuit) on the edge of the platform. Great fun.

edit//
Restarted game and it finally allowed me to get to the edge of the platform and jump. Got to the stage where left stick and X is supposed to bring up the map. Isn't working for me. :confused:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I gave up after 5 minutes of crash landing (using wingsuit) on the edge of the platform. Great fun.

edit//
Restarted game and it finally allowed me to get to the edge of the platform and jump. Got to the stage where left stick and X is supposed to bring up the map. Isn't working for me. :confused:

You can walk by clicking RB to move to the edge of a platform.

Map is holding B on Xbox.

Associate
You can walk by clicking RB to move to the edge of a platform.

Map is holding B on Xbox.

Yeah, I've found out it is 'O' on PS. The wording was a bit confusing to me "Go to...using L and X".

I've been having a bit of fun with the snowboard and wingsuit. I'm not sure what course you have to take when parachuting though.

Soldato
OP
Well, I've put in a good few hours now...takes a bit of getting used to.

First up, it's *hard*. The timing on jumps is super narrow, you really have to nail it perfect to get the big scores.

The networking is pretty janky, lots of teleporting, kinda takes away the fun of having other players around.

It's annoying some areas have fixed sunlight...I don't want to always do this run at sunset!

At first I thought there wasn't that much to do, but you actually have to explore and scope out drop zones with your binoculars. Once you do a little exploring plenty of stuff opens up.

Some of the text is too small to read.

But overall, I'm enjoying it, haven't had a good snowboard game for ages, the wingsuit/paragliding stuff is a fun bonus :)

Caporegime
Kudos Ubisoft, another poor game in the making - how did they suck out the fun of snowboarding?!? Thought ak22 was being harsh about the Alpha but hes (surprisingly ;)) right...

Online only means its never going to be a purchase for me

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Played 15 mins of this at the weekend. I don't have much to say, other than it's boring and lifeless. Just doesn't feel very convincing or exciting.

Perhaps you should have played a little longer until you unlock all the activities and get online with it.

Some of the text is too small to read.
But overall, I'm enjoying it, haven't had a good snowboard game for ages, the wingsuit/paragliding stuff is a fun bonus :)

This! Whoever thought it would be a good design idea to use white type on a snow game needs shooting.

I really enjoyed it and will be picking it up on day 1.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
One thing I would say after playing a bit more.....Skiiing feels better than snowboarding. It just works better, the timing on jumps feels right, tricks are better, just generally more rewarding and less frustrating than snowboarding.

Soldato
It's out tomorrow. Who's getting it?

I will be waiting for mine to arrive from Amazon with anticipation. So many games to play.

I still need to finish CoD: IW, TitanFall 2, Watch Dogs 2 and now Final Fantasy XV! With Steep and The Last Guardian coming in December I'm going to be pretty busy :)

Soldato
Picked it up. Decent game and takes me back to the peak SSX era (tricky).

The graphics are very good and the realism seems to be fantastic. I'm a snowboarder myself so I'm trying to go down the mountain fairly realistic :p

Some of the hard challenges are just impossible though! Will be fun getting a few mates on and mooching around the mountain together :)

Soldato
Had a great time playing with my friends on the beta, so it was an instant buy for me, still thoroughly enjoying it, i'm still finding myself just dossing about, exploring and every now and then I find myself in a random location that is just staggeringly beautiful.
The did a brilliant job with the atmospherics in the game!

Soldato
I'm thinking this may be an xbox purchase rather than PC. How is it on xbox?

Like I and other boarder/skiier friends have said: The devs haven't been snowboarding or skiing. It feels like they lifted the game mechanics from a racing game and adjusted the physics a bit. I haven't laughed so much at a game in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom