** OUR SECOND 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Asa

Asa

Associate
Ah looking for a little help. Mine seems to have spontaneously stopped working overnight. The power button just plain doesn't do anything, and none of the USB connections are powered. My first thought was to replace the PSU, it was a Corsair RM1000 and I wasn't ever a big fan of it. However I've just hooked up a shiny new Superflower Ledex Gold 1000W, and I still get absolutely nothing from it.

I'm guessing I'll need to RMA the mobo, but I really don't want to unseat and store all the components and I'm also in the process of moving house so it's logistically just not that easy. Any suggestions on what else I can try, or if there are any tests I can perform to be absolutely sure of the problem?

Thanks

:(

Soldato
First thing to check mate, is the power button itself. If you have a reset button, swap it over and try that. (Easier than shorting the two pins out with a screwdriver!)

Otherwise you're going to feel like a muppet if you raise an RMA, get the same board back as non-faulty, and then find it was the button.

Edit: Obviously, might not be the button, but it's the first thing to check.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Thanks. I did think the button could be an issue, but if that's the case then the USB ports should still be powered, right?

Asa

Asa

Associate
Fortunately it seems i was premature in saying it still doesn't work. Pulled the battery from the mobo for a couple of hours, and when i set it back up it powered on. Relief!!

It still doesn't turn off properly though.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help, tis much appreciated.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Sigh... it boots now, but overclocking is off the table. If I add any voltage at all then I get a boot failure. Even just adding an additional 0.1 volts on the CPU (without touching the stock clocks at all) fails to boot.

I have a real love/hate relationship with this PC.

Associate
My turn with the dreaded boot issues.
I've deliberately not switched off my PSU so as not to get the 'memory training' issue.
Got a new PSU from OCUK, tested with my kit - worked fine.
Then I had it switched off for quite a while as I altered things in my case.
Wouldn't boot - managed to get into the bios once but all the other times I just got to some useless option screen that did nothing (this is a fast boot issue, not being able to get into the bios)
Removed cmos battery after over 2 hours trying to get it to boot
Battery back in 2 hours later and it's working again (after a couple of 'who am I', 'where am I' false starts)
I don't have much confidence making changes to this system - it took a wobbly boot-wise, when I first tried to add my Hue+ lighting kit and when I first tried to enable XMP
It's fine when it's left running
I tend to leave it on sleep, or if I power down then I don't switch off the PSU

Associate
Well I got a couple of weeks before somethings "died" again, turn on, PC fans spin up and stay spinning but nothing else, resetting cmos you will occasionally get the boot up splash screen but thats as far as it goes, does nothing else, I can't even try reflashing the bios as Qflash doesn't want to work and wont USB update the bios ..... have sent Gigabyte a support ticket, I have a dual loop system this will be the 4th or 5th time I will need to strip it, Its past unnaceptable.

Associate
Well I got a couple of weeks before somethings "died" again, turn on, PC fans spin up and stay spinning but nothing else, resetting cmos you will occasionally get the boot up splash screen but thats as far as it goes, does nothing else, I can't even try reflashing the bios as Qflash doesn't want to work and wont USB update the bios ..... have sent Gigabyte a support ticket, I have a dual loop system this will be the 4th or 5th time I will need to strip it, Its past unnaceptable.

Do you get like a small white flashing line when u boot?

Soldato
Ah looking for a little help. Mine seems to have spontaneously stopped working overnight. The power button just plain doesn't do anything, and none of the USB connections are powered. My first thought was to replace the PSU, it was a Corsair RM1000 and I wasn't ever a big fan of it. However I've just hooked up a shiny new Superflower Ledex Gold 1000W, and I still get absolutely nothing from it.

:(

I've had two boards do this to me so far. Both completely dead. Both went back to Gigabyte via OCUK RMA and both were replaced.

3rd board with the F22c UEFI has been 100% stable with zero cold boot issues so far. Corsair HXi 850 PSU which worked for months with my previous GA-Z77-UD3 + i5 3570 previously and indeed with it again while waiting for the mobos to return.

I must be stupid though as I bought another Gaming 5P on Ebay at the weekend. Hopefully as a working spare.

Last edited:
Associate
Do you get like a small white flashing line when u boot?

No chap didn't get anything, have got it sorted though, had to drain the gpu loop and remove the battery, that seems to have solved it, but I can't have a motherboard like this that when it takes a fancy to not booting I need to drain and remove the loop to get at the battery because its hidden behind the second card, I'll get in touch with Gigabyte over this as unless they can offer a decent solution, time to sell this board and move on, lesson learned regarding gigabyte.

Associate
I see cold boot issues are a common problem. I was getting those and decided not to bother resetting the overclock after a few times. Redone the overclock in the weekend and no cold boots yet.

Edit:
Although this time I am using the Ultra Fast boot. Perhaps that eliminates any niggling issues with USB devices?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I had a meeting with Gigabyte today to direct them to Issues in this thread. They will endeavour to help with future bios..

In my testing which I tried again Monday I could not replicate a lot of these issues. I have two boards and two cpu exactly as this bundle with no problems.

The cold boot I did replicate previously on a customers board. But it was fixed for 20 straight boots with certain bios settings for the oc socket.

Can those guys having cold boot issues try just oc on cpu and cache with mem at 2133 then we can try nail this down.

Associate
I had a meeting with Gigabyte today to direct them to Issues in this thread. They will endeavour to help with future bios..

In my testing which I tried again Monday I could not replicate a lot of these issues. I have two boards and two cpu exactly as this bundle with no problems.

The cold boot I did replicate previously on a customers board. But it was fixed for 20 straight boots with certain bios settings for the oc socket.

Can those guys having cold boot issues try just oc on cpu and cache with mem at 2133 then we can try nail this down.

I would generally be happy to help, but I'm literally afraid to go into the bios in case it decides to cold boot after, and require battery removal again, Its hard work having to drain a loop and remove the second card just to get to the battery every time this happens, already at roughly £100 in coolant wasted with this build lol, scared to overclock anymore than 4.375 incase it throws a wobbly again :p

One thing I did notice with this Giga-Bios F22 ? my VCore is stuck @ 1.25 and won't downclock even with the correct options in bios.

EDIT: to clarify as well 8Pack, Speedstep or Cstates aren't working on this bios release as after braving the bios screen, they definitely wont change the vcore on idle regardless of what I set.

Last edited:
Soldato

hi
i just came back to this thread, for unrelated issues and am wondering if you ever got the feedback you needed? i live with my boot issues by just unplugging my X55 / or racing wheel before booting but ideally if its fixed would likle to sort. i have been scared to do too much as other than that it is stable.

Back
Top Bottom