** HTC VIVE: TRY IT FOR YOURSELF AT OCUK & PRE-ORDER WITH OcUK!! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Over the last few weeks we have in secret being building an exclusive VR demo room where you can play the latest HTC Vive virtual reality demos and games. In short a try before you purchase experience. I believe there will only be six retail demo outlets in the UK and OcUK is one of those HTC Vive retail experience centres.

We are opening our VR room up to customers from tomorrow, but to begin with it is a strict appointment only basis with each demo lasting 20 minutes. Of course on quieter days you may get longer so a chance to try more demo's or even try some games. We have trained HTC and OcUK staff on hand to answer any questions you may have.

So no guessing as to what I've spent most of my day doing, yep killing zombies, playing in paint brush, shooting spaceships and smashing someones office up, great fun indeed. :D

20160316_134804.jpg

BOOK YOUR HTC VIVE APPOINTMENT NOW!

You can Pre-Order your HTC Vive in-store ONLY after trying it! :)

Virtual Ready Systems, Components & Peripherals

OcUK Staff
I absolutely loved playing with the Vive!

Sorry guys I've shut down the VR Experience room tomorrow, as I will be playing all day tomorrow. ;)

Just kidding, I think this gives our customers and new customers a chance to experience VR! It is definitely worth a go, if you haven't tried it already!

OcUK Staff
OP
Awesome I've been waiting to try this out, just booked for Saturday :)

Will you be selling it for for same price as HTC with normal shipping prices ?

We are £699.95 plus regular delivery of around £8-£12. :)

Retail shop orders only, you cannot order online, so you have to come to our retail shop I am afraid. :)

Soldato
Noob VR question..

Does the VIVE need your phone as a screen/processor or has it got it's own screen and CPU?

Pretty sure it's a "peripheral"

It has it's own screen, but it's basically just a "fancy monitor"* - it might have some basic demo content built in, but you aren't going to be doing much with it on it's own.

*Understatement of the year :p

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
I just had a go on the demo...the guy who gets motion sick playing Dying Light and lasted a grand total of 30 seconds on the original Oculus DK1 demo before feeling like I needed to vomit...and I love it! :eek: I'm so surprised!

OcUK Staff
OP
I just had a go on the demo...the guy who gets motion sick playing Dying Light and lasted a grand total of 30 seconds on the original Oculus DK1 demo before feeling like I needed to vomit...and I love it! :eek: I'm so surprised!

I was playing this yesterday for about an hour killing zombies and shooting space ships. Never once did I get dizzy or feel sick at all, really impressed by the HTC setup, for me HTC is the best VR experience I have had yet. :)

Back
Top Bottom