Poll: who will replace "Nico the Brave" @ Mercedes, Poll Added

who will replace "Nico the Brave" @ Mercedes?

• Fernando Alonso

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Valtteri Bottas

Votes: 82 50.3%
  • Jenson Button

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Nico Hulkenberg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Esteban Ocon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sergio Perez

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Carlos Sainz

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Sebastian Vettel

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Pascal Wehrlein

Votes: 34 20.9%
  • Other / Pancake

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Pastor Maldonado

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
If they are going to keep Lewis I think it's best they give him another Heikki situation. Heikki moved over to make way for him even when the championship wasn't over. To get the best out of Lewis and to keep his head right I'd employ another rosberg type in pace.

He falls out and spits the dummy with anyone who gives him a bit of bother. Even Buttons popularity and odd win got under his skin. Didn't he start the whole falling out with Alonso, even though Alonso was rightly miffed Ron lied to him. The rosberg thing I said from day one was pointless. All he should have kept saying is what everyone on here was already saying, wheel to wheel he can't beat me. Instead it got to him even before the incidents.

If I was Wolf I'd give him a comfortable environment to get the best out of him. Bringing in one of the top 3 wouldn't do them any favours at all now. Bottas would be a good choice, ain't going to bother Lewis in the slightest and if Lewis has a car issue will be fast enough to still rack up wins or good points.

Caporegime
Forgot this was Hamilton's fanboy only club. Anyone who dares to say something even slightly bad about him is showered by personal attacks.

I'm out.

Sure, my post was full of personal insults... of course. Actually it was full of points that simply showed your attitude to Hamilton over THIS SPECIFIC POINT, was utterly ridiculous.

You actually picked the only top driver who has never shown a single hint of wanting no.1 status nor being scared of anyone and had a pop at him over being scared of fighting another top driver.

You can say plenty bad about Hamilton, personally I find his post race speeches on the podium embarrassingly one dimensional and PR like, same thing every race. I can't stand his music, there is plenty to fairly complain about. The issue here is you picked the one thing to have a pop at him over that is absolutely the only thing about him that you could never question.

Rather than responding to the points you're doing the "oh, it's all fanboys can't say anything". No, you can't say things that are incredibly obviously incorrect and not get called out on it, nothing more or less.

Associate
The problem is Williams need a driver over 25, as it is stipulated by their contract with title-sponsor Martini; I'm guessing for marketing reasons in certain countries with higher legal drinking ages.

That rules Wherlein out. Massa is the wrong choice in my view; yesterday's man who's had his chance. Felipe Nasr is 25 next year, and is known to Williams as he was their test driver in 2014. Two seasons at a desperately under-funded Waiver have been a salutary lesson, and he was unlucky to lose out to Ericsson, especially after winning their points with a great set drive in a wet Brazil

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah I don't get why Williams wants to keep Massa either. They should give younger drivers a shot.

They have but having two which can't develop or setup a car isn't going to help them much. I'd rather not see Massa back but can see why they picked him again.

Caporegime
Yeah I don't get why Williams wants to keep Massa either. They should give younger drivers a shot.

I'm not sure if it's part of the contract or deal they have with Martini or not, but they've said they want someone over 25 in the past. Not great to have 2 young and inexperienced drivers in a team where they can't be in advertising or be seen to be drinking it in a lot of places they visit!

Soldato
I like Bottas going to Mercedes

Hopefully he will be a proper Fin and remain quiet whilst setting blistering pace on track.

Would be good to see Hamilton eat some humble pie

Back
Top Bottom