Killed four of my 3tb hard drives this weekend!

Associate
Never really anticipated that I'd be able to plug a molex in the wrong way but I'm definitely going to double check in future.

Glad you managed to get everything back.

Soldato
having worked with PCs for decades and connected 1000's of molex connectors I have never managed to plug one in upside down, or had one that felt like it might... I and rather slap dash and just try cables up one way then the other if that does not work... so its not like I carefully examine cables carefully before trying to connect them...

I'd say its bad design as much as OPS fault

tell me about it, never been able to connect a molex connecter round the wrong way. I have nearly a few times but never fitted or too much force which prompted me to check.

I haven't used a molex connecter in years

Soldato
The whole point of the notches is so you can't plug them in the wrong way round, no doubt Lian Li are cutting costs while keeping prices high, connectors will come from the cheapest supplier, the downside of not managing your supply chain....

These days the best place to post is Twitter and Facebook, if they're on there...

Soldato
OP
These days the best place to post is Twitter and Facebook, if they're on there...

Posted on their Facebook, will see what comes of that. I'm not sure they'll be too bothered though.

This mentality is what causes people to lose stuff. Redundancy is totally different to backup.

Agreed, all of my important data is backed up across multiple services/locations/devices. The majority of the data on my server isn't in any way shape or form critical. If I lost the entire thing tomorrow I'd be annoyed but it wouldn't be the end of the world. I can't afford the costs of backing everything up locally. I'm happy with just having some redundancy for now.

I use Amazon Cloud drive as a backup.

They really mean unlimited....

A3rG7W9.jpg.png

Wowsers! That definitely is worth considering as an option however. £55 for the year?

Back
Top Bottom