Silverstone considers activating British GP break-clause in 2017

Man of Honour
unless f1 changes (which i cnt see) the BGP will die, its to expensive, no club can sustain it, and there's plenty of countries where the government will pay the majority so clubs tracks can make decent profit and that makes sense for the government to do that as i expect the amount of money that is poured into the region is far more than the costs.
But this is uk, and governments don't think in terms of ROI its all just seen as cost and as such have terrible policies.

Soldato
unless f1 changes (which i cnt see) the BGP will die, its to expensive, no club can sustain it, and there's plenty of countries where the government will pay the majority so clubs tracks can make decent profit and that makes sense for the government to do that as i expect the amount of money that is poured into the region is far more than the costs.
But this is uk, and governments don't think in terms of ROI its all just seen as cost and as such have terrible policies.

That is what I fear F1 calender will turn into. Not the best tracks for racing or even the spectators. Just a bunch of locations where the local government wants to show off.

Soldato
I loved Istanbul too, despite the complete lack of any Turkish F1 motorsport heritage, but that's gone too. If Bernie lived for ever he'd be in real trouble in 50 years time because he'd run out of nations to host F1 races, but there's still a way to go yet unfortunately

Soldato
isn't this the case already? Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Azerbaijan, Russia, Singapore, China are all terrible tracks and boring racing.

ironically I liked the India GP but they didn't keep it

Yeah I suppose half of it already is but there is still a few of the older historic tracks hanging on. I'm wondering whether the likes of Monza, Spa and Montreal will start to go too.

Associate
"Silverstone is in negotiations with the government"

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2017/01/13/cash-strapped-silverstone-discussions-government/

I hope the government tells Silverstone to go away. This is playing in to bernies hands.
F1 is way over priced for the fans and a ticket should be a 3rd of the price now.

Me and a couple of friends were thinking about going to spa as its one of the cheapest venues you can go to. But instead we're going to book the Blancpain Spa 24 hours instead - half the price, 3 times as many cars and 10 times longer than an F1 race. Was a real no brainer for us.

Back
Top Bottom