• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU, A10 7850k or Intel i3 4160?

Associate
I'm looking at two CPUs at the moment. The AMD A10 7850k and the Intel i3 4160. Which is the best one to get of the two?

AMD A10 is rated at 95 watts and the Intel i3 is 54 watts. Intel costs about £20 more. Eventually I will get a dedicated graphics card.

On average how much electricity savings would I be looking at if I opt for the i3? Say for example PC is on 10 hours per day.

Associate
OP
£5-10 I somehow thought it would be a much bigger saving.

The iGPU in the A10 7850k does tempt me but looking on youtube it seems to really struggle with most games.

Associate
If you're eventually getting a dedicated graphics card it is absolutely hands down, no contest the i3, which is light years ahead of the 7850K.

The 7850K is only useful if you plan using the iGPU for light gaming/indie titles etc - once you add a dedicated card into the mix and are looking at AAA gaming, the 7850K is garbage.

Back
Top Bottom