Tap. Pay. UK. - Android Pay in the UK

Soldato
Yeah I went to the co-op the other day and it said I'd been to the pub which is across the road. I think the location is wrong sometimes but I'm assuming that's taken from GPS, not the actual transaction.

Haha that could get people in trouble

I'm going Amsterdam in February and have my Halifax clarity card loaded in to android pay ... might use cash tho in case it puts me somewhere I shouldn't
be :p:p

Soldato
Yep I've used it with no signal, my understanding is that it stores a number of tokens to use so can make several transactions still. That's the way somebody explained it on here previously anyway. Are you saying you tried it and it didn't work or that you got your card out assuming it wouldn't?

I didn't want to appear an idiot so I refrained from using it :p

Soldato
Is it supposed to work at any contactless terminal? I thought that was how it was meant to work but getting fed up with trying to use it and the terminal just saying "No" and then having to get out my card anyway. All normal sub £20 transactions etc. Only place it always works is Tesco.

Soldato
I've not had any problems with Android pay until last week's update.
Now it just refuses to work no matter the amount or the shop I'm in.

May uninstall it & start again.

Well, uninstalled & started again from scratch still the same problem.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did anyone get an email about the promotion being removed? I'm trying to figure out if they just mean the card will be removed from the app, so they're giving me the codes in an email so that I can access them. Or; the codes will run out? :confused: It's not very clear.

Since the shop. tap. reward. card will be removed from your Android Pay app on 15 January, we wanted to make sure you have your Odeon promo codes handy. To get your free tickets, use the following codes when checking out online or at the till.

EDIT: The card in the app says 10 days left to redeem your rewards :(

Soldato
OP
I received a notification last night, which I foolishly cleared before I fully read it. It was something about a card being removed from android pay as the promotion was over. However my £3 Costa card still is still there. The Costa FAQ states that e-cards are usable for 12months.

Soldato
I received a notification last night, which I foolishly cleared before I fully read it. It was something about a card being removed from android pay as the promotion was over. However my £3 Costa card still is still there. The Costa FAQ states that e-cards are usable for 12months.

I had the same. It was just the android promotion card being removed, the card you accessed to open your crackers.

Soldato
Does anybody know if I unroot my phone (Note 4) if Android pay will work, or is it once knox has been tripeed it's game over?
Rooted last night, & this morning Andoid pay along with fingerprint log in to various sites no longer works.Android pay states it's because the phone is rooted.

Soldato
I had an issue today with Android pay and duplicate notifications and entries in the payment history. It looked as though I had been charged twice and so I queried it with the vendor and got a refund without an argument.

It didn't sit right with me though so I called the bank and sure enough it had only gone through the once and I went back to the shop and refunded his refund.

Wasted a good half an hour of my lunch break and looking at my transaction history the same thing happened last week, I just didn't notice at the time.

Has anyone else had this?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I saw that too - it's up to a max of £5 per journey though. Still worth having for sure :)
Hmn weird I never got that email. Perhaps the fact I'm in London means you'll only get halfway down the street on £5 :p

What is the benefit of using AP in something like Uber, compared to a credit card? :confused:

Soldato
Hmn weird I never got that email. Perhaps the fact I'm in London means you'll only get halfway down the street on £5 :p

What is the benefit of using AP in something like Uber, compared to a credit card? :confused:

That was back in Jan so quite some time ago :p

To be honest I've found myself using AP all the time now, not sure why but the logo is there and I can just tap it and it's done. Usually the logo is at the top so it's the first option and it makes little difference. I use it all the time on Just Eat too - though that app requires the last three digits off the back of the card, so easier to use AP there.

Soldato
I had an issue today with Android pay and duplicate notifications and entries in the payment history. It looked as though I had been charged twice and so I queried it with the vendor and got a refund without an argument.

It didn't sit right with me though so I called the bank and sure enough it had only gone through the once and I went back to the shop and refunded his refund.

Wasted a good half an hour of my lunch break and looking at my transaction history the same thing happened last week, I just didn't notice at the time.

This happened to me twice today one on for southern railway ticket and once at a cafe. Shows up twice on the app, but checking banking it only comes out the account once. Weird

Soldato

I had similar once before where the retailer said it hadn't been accepted so I scanned again but then had two entries showing in the payment history, but I kept an eye on my bank and only one came out. Today though I had exactly the same as you, payed as normal and two entries showed up, I'll keep an eye on it and make sure only one comes out of my account.

Back
Top Bottom