FreedomPop Network, any reviews?

Soldato
I got one of their free data sims to test, it uses VOIP for calls/texts which I haven't tried as I'm using it in an old windows phone, but the data worked fine, using 3's data.

Soldato
sounds a bit dodgy you need to download a app too make calls and support number is +44

https://uk.support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2867/related/1

+44 is just the uk code.

It requires the app because it's VoIP and needs that to make calls via their network, it is not a traditional phone provider.

Looks like an interesting concept, not sure I would trust contactability to a 3g network only, but apparently Three's coverage is 97% so it should be ok if you aren't reliant on your phone in case of any outages.

Last edited:
Soldato
They started off in the US and seems to be doing well over there, they recently started operating in the UK.

As above all their services is VoIP hence why you need to use their apps as they don't do calling or texting via the "normal" way, so you can call/text over wifi even if you have no signal. The SIM card is literally like a data only SIM.

Didn't realise they did phone plans though, didn't they start off with SIM only plans?

Soldato
I've also got one of the free SIMs as part of some offer / deal they did

Never really use it to be honest as it was just for an emergency phone... it works, that's all I can say really

Back
Top Bottom