• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I upgrade to I7 3930k?

Associate
Had mine for years on a Rampage IV @ 5GHz (WC), have seen nothing that has made me thinking of an upgrade yet.

It's been my longest serving platform to date, just looking at GPU upgrades.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the info, if you can link the place that is selling them for 65 quid as the I7 3930k seems to be the way to go with an upgrade from a hexa core E5645 running at 4ghzs on the X58 platform.

Associate
I'm looking in a location that fits this description and a locked i7-2600 is £95, and a 3770 is £135. Surely the 3930k would come in more pricey than those?

I guess it's due to the need to have an X79 motherboard, which are expensive even now, making the 3930k less popular than those other chips.

Soldato
I gave 100 for one of an auction site couple weeks ago upgrade from an 1156 Xeon 4c8t and it's a beast overclockable well and decent feature upgrades on the board around 1200 cinebench you cannot complain

Back
Top Bottom