Terrible browser download speed, fine in Steam

Associate
Guys, my browser download speed is utter trash no matter which browser I use. I'm talking an unbearable 25 - 30kb/s :eek: which is making it a absolute nightmare upgrading my drives from Nvidia.

However my uTorrent and Steam/Origin are downloading as normal at 700kb/s. My internet out here in the countryside is rubbish as I get 4 - 6mb as of late night and 2 - 4mb during the day and evening.

Any ideas on what to check for? I'm crap with networks and broadband. I am running Windows 10 / router is a Netgear DG834G / using TP link 200mbs powerline adaptors :confused: As below speedtest.net is giving me bad speeds also. I have tried messing with DNS servers to no avail along with turning off windows firewall and defender.

5978325942.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Clients like Steam have in the past (for me) taken quite a high priority in terms of network traffic. As such other services using the internet get reduced while Steam maxes out.

Try running task manager to see if any background services are using your network connection. On a slow connection you may find you have a windows update that's just taking a decade to download and while your browsers are being throttled by this hidden traffic, steam is taking priority.

Associate
OP
From what I can see nothing is using bandwidth? :confused: See screenshot in spoiler tags. I can vagely remember this happening with Vista back in the day. I used Download Accelerator Plus and download speeds were normal again.
bMguAGd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom