Best Android Phone for around £250?

Soldato
Depends on budget. I'd consider:

Honor 6X £200 direct from Huawei UK online store the other week

Honor 8 = £285 < The amazon blue version for £285 seems to all now be gone. Can't get for this price now?

P9 Lite = £139 direct from EE

I have not used the Honor 8 but the other two I have and are great phones.

emu

emu

Associate
No other phone can touch this for battery life.Its crazy .On most phones I will turn battery percentage off in setting .I'm down to 60 percent after being at 80 when purchased.

emu

emu

Associate
now down to 43 percent but with a screen on time of six hours 20 minutes lol .This isnt on wifi either

Suspended
Just get the OnePlus 3, the 3T isn't worth the extra.

Experience on both will basically be the same, with the 3T having slightly better battery life.

There is also the Axon 7 to consider but the camera is a bit rubbish in comparison.

The Oneplus 3 has been highly recommended to me but it doesn't have a memory card slot? My Moto G's 64gb card is completely filled with music, so I definitely can't go without one.

Upload your music. unless you live in the ass end of nowhere and you can't get a data signal this shouldn't be an issue in 2017.

I echo Tauren's sentiments. The Honor 8 is one heck of a device. So much so it beat out the OP3T I have.

This is all you need to know about these two devices.

GFXBench

Manhattan 3.1

OnePlus 3T - 32.9 fps
Honor 8 - 10.2 fps

Manhattan 3.1 - Long term performance

OnePlus 3T - 31.6 fps
Honor 8 - 7.1 fps

Last edited:
Soldato
just been at 3 store, had a good play with the lenovo P2.

the vibration is pathetic weak. i'm deaf and rely on vibrating when its in my pocket. extremely weak comparing to my work phone nexus 5X.

no good for me. i'm totally gutted. was looking forward buying the P2.

Soldato
Just get the OnePlus 3, the 3T isn't worth the extra.

This is all you need to know about these two devices.

GFXBench

Manhattan 3.1

OnePlus 3T - 32.9 fps
Honor 8 - 10.2 fps

Manhattan 3.1 - Long term performance

OnePlus 3T - 31.6 fps
Honor 8 - 7.1 fps

Benchmarks don't mean jack.....basically you're comparing the top of the line Qualcomm 821 chip that has been overclocked to a Kirin 950 last generation chip.

Real life performance is where it counts and if you're not into playing games I'd chose the Honor 8 over the OP3T any day.

Soldato
I bought the vernee Apollo recently. Same gpu as the honor 8, but a mediatek deca core X25 CPU. Similar size battery (not sure about battery life though....) And a QHD screen. Well built and reassuringly weighty because of its 2mm thick titanium casing.They are as low as 220 quid for the 4gb/64gb model in some places.

Battery life is unknown right now,and I'm not sure how the camera comparss to the honor 8 - it's a 21mp Sony sensor blah blah blah but we all know there's more to it than pixels - but right now it seems like the Apollo had the right mix of technology for the right price for me.coming from a note 4 I'm quite impressed with it. No wireless charging though :(

Oh and rather uniquely the box doubles up as a passable VR headset lol

Last edited:
Permabanned
Bit of a hijack..sorry, im also looking at getting a new phone but more I look the more I get confused. I looked at the ones you guys suggested but still couldn't decide, The Moto G is too plastic, One plus 3 is to expensive,i don't know much about the honor range. I quite fancy the Huawei or HTC I even looked at the Asus zenfone. My budget is around £150-£200.

Soldato
guys the Honor 8 is £199 on Sainsburys Phone shop at present. I was umming and arring between a Honor P2 and another ZUK Z2 but took a punt on the Honor 8 as it just sounds a good deal

Back
Top Bottom