OnePlus 3T

Associate
Good point! the £8 cashback also makes the price closer to the oneplus site (guessing when taking into account the postage it'll work out pretty much the same).

Maybe next week, will have a think.

Soldato
@Sp00n That is a shocker that O2 would behave in the way that they did. Yet they're boasting on their website that they've won best customer service for 7 years in a row. The competition must be pretty sure if O2 have come top!

Good point! the £8 cashback also makes the price closer to the oneplus site (guessing when taking into account the postage it'll work out pretty much the same).

Maybe next week, will have a think.

You can try ordering on the O2 website but many of us have fallen fowl due to payments not going through.

My Mate had been trying since last week to place an order but didn't get anywhere. In the end he ordered a 3T via the sales team. Damn fast delivery seeing as he placed an order around 5.30pm it arrived the next day by 10am!

Best thing was that the phone is unlocked to all networks! He's a happy chap.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Can you buy the OP3T from O2 without the £10 quid top up? I made my mind up on getting this over the Pixel, although still looking at camera comparisons. :p do you guys have any pics taken with your OP3T that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Associate
Can you buy the OP3T from O2 without the £10 quid top up? I made my mind up on getting this over the Pixel, although still looking at camera comparisons. :p do you guys have any pics taken with your OP3T that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Just add the £10 PAYG top up they only send you the sim card you wont be charged for it unless you top it up.

Soldato
Just went to buy one from o2, the stumbling block was they wouldn't let me put the £15 top up on my existing o2 pay and go. I had to get a new SIM. So I passed, already paying over the odds from o2 without wasting £15 on another SIM I don't want or need.

I might order online now or just wait for my 5x to get repaired or not repaired if you read various forums. Anyone know how long delivery generally is from one plus?

shocking from the o2 store you went in

i would have asked for my PAC :p

sure i only had to get a £10 sim when i bought mine (i was on three anyway) i chose the £10 data sim and put it in slot 2 , actually got use of the data/money that way

Soldato
Thank you Opera VPN... Now rockin' the Nougat on my 3t (ran it for a week on Marshmallow to get used to Android after Windows)

Love it!! Set the Resolution a few clicks down and its beautiful!!!

Associate
Does anyone know if o2 sourced oneplus 3t's are guaranteed to get timely updates through the life of the product? Or are they subject to o2 firstly approving the software and then pushing it through - in which case I'm guessing there's risk that as the product gets older there's a greater chance of o2 slowing down updates and even stopping them if they haven't got the resource/will to approve the software?

Completely aware the oneplus is custom ROM friendly, but I'm kinda over visiting XDA to squeeze out an extra 1 ℅ in performance improvement - all for an easy life now.

Cheers

Associate
Does anyone know if o2 sourced oneplus 3t's are guaranteed to get timely updates through the life of the product? Or are they subject to o2 firstly approving the software and then pushing it through - in which case I'm guessing there's risk that as the product gets older there's a greater chance of o2 slowing down updates and even stopping them if they haven't got the resource/will to approve the software?

Completely aware the oneplus is custom ROM friendly, but I'm kinda over visiting XDA to squeeze out an extra 1 ℅ in performance improvement - all for an easy life now.

Cheers

mine came from O2, last week. Seems completely free of O2 bloat. I got the Android N update by installing Opera VPN, attaching to germany and hitting the system updates button. Looks like they just come straight from Oneplus.

Soldato

Cheers

There is no attachment to o2, you get updates as fast as every other OP user.

Associate
Cheers Sp00n and WYNIRO, am now a paid up member of the oneplus 3t club.

First impressions are, wow, this is too thin and delicate for me. Have ordered a spigen neo hybrid to bulk it up a bit.

Stuck it on sRGB screen immediately, and yeah, the screen looks decent and as I'm not used to the standard display colours, the sRGB doesnt feel yellow to me at all, all good.

Back
Top Bottom