Internet drops after a few hours.

Associate
Is anyone else having this issue?
After a few hours of use my PC can't load most web pages. For some weird reason YouTube works, and I can search on Google. Just can't go to any of the results.
If I go to windows (Win 10) settings and do a 'network reset' it will work again for a few hours.

It's wired to a BT home hub 5, which seems to be working fine for other connected devices, so I assume this is an issue with my desktop PC.

It's a 3 year old motherboard with an Intel LAN controller. I'm on the latest driver.

Soldato
Try updating your network adapter drivers.

What model is the Intel chipset on that board?

Might also be worth changing to Google DNS on the adapter (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Associate
OP
The adapter is Intel 82583V, and I can't find a newer driver.

I'm connected to a Netgear 8 port switch which is then connected to a BT home hub 6. Everything else on the switch works fine. My smart TV, Apple TV, home server (Windows home server 2011).

I'm not using any VPN's, and I have tried using the Google DNS.

It's been working fine for almost 2 years. This just randomly started to happen.

Permabanned
I found Kaspersky would stop my DNS requests randomly. Took me ages to figure out this was the problem. Changed over to Sophos and been fine since.

This happened on 2 computers too, however there seems little in the way of other people reporting this problem.

Back
Top Bottom