**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
Nope, phone is running awesome, doze working great, no battery drain, 5-6 hours SoT average.

Good times!

I did not wipe the phone either, but if anyone does have any issues might be worth a factory wipe first.

A mate on Vodafone has apparently lost his WiFi calling ability since upgrading. Not sure if he's doing something wrong or if that's an issue though.

Soldato
A mate on Vodafone has apparently lost his WiFi calling ability since upgrading. Not sure if he's doing something wrong or if that's an issue though.

Not sure, but the official unbranded hasn't got the WiFi calling option just yet. Is he using the branded firmware? Maybe it's disabled by default in connection settings?

Associate
Not sure, but the official unbranded hasn't got the WiFi calling option just yet. Is he using the branded firmware? Maybe it's disabled by default in connection settings?

My unlocked S7 Edge on Android 7.0 has WiFi Calling. Open Phone App, Settings and scroll all the way to the bottom :)

Soldato

He will need the official Vodafone nougat update or full rom allegedly due on the 23/01/17

all I have is RCS crap from vodafone ... they have removed wifi calling it phones not bought from Vodafone direct

**I'm going to flash Vodafone csc next week with odin see if that works

Last edited:
Associate

My S7 is unbranded and has wifi calling on Vodafone. It does work but wouldn't miss it. Get good 4g signal in the house but voice is very weak. Oftentimes calls fail and incoming going to voice mail. I have a voda sure signal. Doesn't always connect to that and as I'd enabled wifi calling get the notification to say it's active. It works but phone often finds a sniff of 2G and drops the wifi calling. Turned sure signal off for a few days to test wifi calling, but found sure signal more reliable. Might be because I don't have the vodafone firmware. Might flash Vodofone Nougat when it becomes available to try wifi calling.

Fella I spoke to at Voda Retentions the other week said wifi calling would still work even though I'd bought my S7 unbranded from Carphone Warehouse. I turned it on in my account settings and also the option in phone settings.

Voice over LTE would be good Vodafone ...... in case you're listening :rolleyes:

Soldato

His is an unlocked model which I think is a BTU model - the Wifi Calling option is absent in the Phone settings on his particular phone.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
My Samsung fast wireless charging pad started rattling (the fan) yesterday. A quick livechat with Amazon and today I replaced it with a new one. Awesome support!

Interesting to note that the packaging now marks out some usage/charge times, 10mins charge = 90mins of video playback etc.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've still not got the update. Still stuck on the last beta build (PLN).

What shall I do? Just wait it out? I've rebooted several times, manually checking etc.

I wonder if its because I left (deregistered) the beta when they announced it was over. In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have done that.....?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Why did you leave the beta when the beta automatically rolled over to the official OTA?!

I reckon that's why it's not showing the update on your handset.

You could Odin flash the official release I suppose, this would likely mean you need to wipe the device during the process of course.

Back
Top Bottom