*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Mobster
Soldato
So HTC is going to release another smartphone this year - I think it's their last hope.

I am not at all convinced about their rumoured decisions...

No stereo speakers
UltraPixel camera again - 12 megapixel
A9-like design

Yes, you're onto a winner HTC :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
UltraPixel @ 12MP wouldn't be a bad shout though. Bigger pixel size is the direction a lot of manufacturers are going towards; Apple already moved to a larger pixel size, so did both the Nexus 5x & 6P and the S7 is rumoured to have too.

Associate
UltraPixel @ 12MP wouldn't be a bad shout though. Bigger pixel size is the direction a lot of manufacturers are going towards; Apple already moved to a larger pixel size, so did both the Nexus 5x & 6P and the S7 is rumoured to have too.

Are the sensors on the 5x and 6P considered larger pixels? I thought it was 21MP, which still seems awfully high.

I really just want one phone manufacturer to make the Sony A7 of camera phones. That has a full frame sensor at "only" 12MP, and yet the low light capabilities are almost magical. You can be in a literally pitch dark room, and you can crank the ISO up to still see things as if there was a light source in the room. Give me a slightly thicker phone with a larger physical sensor and around an 8-10MP camera and I'd be very happy. An Android successor to the Nokia 808 or 1020, but replacing the "high megapixel lossless zoom" with low light capabilities would be ideal.

I really thought the Z5 would be the one to step it up seeing as their camera and sensor business absolutely killed it in 2015, but even the Samsung phones beat the Z5 in low light.

As for the M10, this sounds disappointing already. I'm tired of my M8 now. Camera sucks, plain and simple.

Soldato
Ain't gonna buy it if it looks like an iClone. Sorry HTC.

The great designs of the M7 and M8 may not have shifted many units but they were at least interesting and different. If I wanted an iPhone, I'd buy one.

Soldato
Still have very fond memories of my M7 which was a brilliant phone so hope they can find their way again but at the same time I'm not sure they can at this point. In terms of build quality HTC were well ahead of other Android phones so not sure I see it being similar to A9 in design as a bad thing.

Not sure how I feel about Ultrapixel though, was hit and miss in the M7 and only inconsistent part of that phone, while 12 megapixels done well is probably enough for most phones with Samsung themselves scaling back to that resolution from higher numbers.

Soldato
I had a HTC Hero, Sensation and M7 over 6 years, just swapped to a Sony Z5Compact as the new HTCs just aren't good value anymore in my opinion. The camera on the M7 was a joke.

Soldato
The M9 sounded like a winner until reviews came in. The M10's current rumours don't really interest me that much and honestly I'm not expecting that much from HTC any more. Sense is going down a direction I don't like either. I loved my M7, it was a fantastic phone during its time.

Associate
The last great phone they came out with was the m8 in 2014 which I still use to this day, they've gone downhill with Samsung's success.

Associate

Well technically Apple moved to a smaller pixel size, 1.5 to 1.22;)

But Samsung and Google have the right idea and it looks like HTC do too.

Associate
most of their phones have been terrible over the years. while the m7 and m8 were overated by the fangirls, they were a nice alternative (even if sense did make touchwiz look like the second coming of christ)

they just suffered from being run of the mill, looking like a tin can, being bought by classes low income tweens who listened to music with those over-rated speakers and the snapdragon 810 being ****.

after not really making a better device than sony or samsung they got lost in the pile. the m10 could be the last ditch attempt at a flagship. but at this point who cares?

Back
Top Bottom